some old corps photos

Rob Carson 78. The drum line uniforms went green in 77.

Regards,

John

That is positively not Rob Carson. Look at that player's chin - it's not the chiseled Rob Carson look, or stance. And unless my 1977 DCI yearbooks are wrong (my memory wasn't sure) they have SCV drumline photos woth the green tunics - whcih would be from 1976.

But - truthfully - I did think it was 1977 when tyey did go to the green tunics. They same year SCV introduced the cut-away Slingerland toms. I remember both Tony and Peter Romo.

This might help a little. Not sure of the member, but the uni. SCV's drumline went to the green tunic in 1976, and used Slingerland drums until 1980. In 1981 - they used gold colored Ludwig drums. Seeing the match grip - makes me lean towards 1979.

It's 1979, the first year SCV used snare harnesses (they used traditional strap in 1978--look at '78 DVD). SCV drum line went to green tunics w/ red Slingerlands in '77. If I recall, the snares played match grip beginning in '77 (I'll take a look at the '77 DVD).

It's 1979, the first year SCV used snare harnesses (they used traditional strap in 1978--look at '78 DVD). SCV drum line went to green tunics w/ red Slingerlands in '77. If I recall, the snares played match grip beginning in '77 (I'll take a look at the '77 DVD).

Could it be 1980? It has to be 1979 or 1980.

This might help a little. Not sure of the member, but the uni. SCV's drumline went to the green tunic in 1976, and used Slingerland drums until 1980. In 1981 - they used gold colored Ludwig drums. Seeing the match grip - makes me lean towards 1979.

Don't know the year for sure but the Guy's name is Mike Shaw.

1974Duffy1.jpg

From xkingsmen.com photo archives: ANAHEIM KINGSMEN STAFF AT 1974 SEATTLE WORLD'S FAIR.....Left to right: Bobby Hofman, Gary West, Ralph Hardiman....Mike Duffy in front.

Be nice to me or I post the other staff picture from that year.

RON HOUSLEY

Close, but no Ring for you Ron. The Worlds Fair was in Spokane that year! :P

Ahh...such a hearty lot :blink:

Edited by MsBusDriver

OK, I guess the photo was captioned wrong on the xkingsmen website, folks.

Sorry in the interest of historical accuracy. Oh well, Maggie, except for that first wedding one, avoiding rings is something I'm really, really good at!

Say. Ms. Bus Driver, how about posting the famous SCV "Yellow Rose" picture.....much rumored but not often seen?

Can you? Nay, DARE you?

And congrats to SCV for winning DCI Countdown at The Movies, or whatever that thing was I witnessed. I would have personally picked a Fiddler year and another year for Anaheim, but in the latter case that's about the only footage of The Kingsmen that DCI has.

Now back to that Yellow Rose deal, eh?

RON HOUSLEY

"...Now that's what

I call a 'Magic Garden'!"

Edited by ffernbus3