some old corps photos

CORRECTION!!!! In the guard capt picture of The Anaheim Kingsmen that I posted, I inadvertently identified her as 72 Guard Capt. Linda Rieke.

I was in error.

This is actually a picture of 74 Anaheim Kingsmen Guard Captain Patty Williams.

Linda looked similar in uniform and was a great guard captain whom I dearly love and respect. Her Highland Fling in the 72 Kingsmen show is a classic!

But that was 74 Guard Capt. Patty Williams. I corrected it in the original post but those who quoted it will still have the wrong info.

Hence the correction here...my bad!

RON HOUSLEY

Here's what my employer's message is:

The requested document (http://xkingsmen.com/MoeKnox2/) can not be opened due to it's content. Reason: DDR score = 164. This page will not be displayed because it contains prohibited words or it has exceeded its tolerance of questionable words. If you feel that the restriction in this case is unnecessary and wrongful even, please, send email to internet.access@#$%^&@*.com. Please include work related justification into the opening request.

I'll review those pics later. Thanks for posting the link.

Really? That's wild. I can open it without any problem. All I see are lots of great pix. I'm trying to imagine what the "prohibited/questionable words" are. Strange. . . .

This is actually a picture of 74 Anaheim Kingsmen Guard Captain Patty Williams.

Yup, I didn't realize that till after I posted the link to the gallery and then looked through the gallery. It was only then that I realized that this picture, and also the rifle-line curtsy (actually, there are several variations on that same segment of the show in the gallery) are included in this group of amazing photos, and many of the people are identified above each of the photos.

Still one of the strongest moves in drum corps bar none! I still get the chicken skin when I know it's coming up on the old vids.

Re: Kingsmen guards. Two women who don't get mentioned enough are 67/68 Kingsmen guard capt. Karen Anderson and co-capt. Irene Goretzky. Karen, especially, instilled a pride in her guards that made you respect them. She cared a lot for her girls and made sure that the guys in the corps treated them with, well, respect at all times. And yet did it in a way that seemed completely selfless yet at the same time without you ever forgetting, however, that she was the Kingsmen guard captain.

And Irene was the same way. They both showed great dignity in the Kingsmen guard uniform and I give the greatest respect to these two women as I truly believe that Karen and Irene set high standards for future guards and guard captains to follow......and frankly:

THEY DID!

RON HOUSLEY

67 Kmen

Edited by ffernbus3

While we're on the subject of impressive old school color guards . . . .

SCV.jpg

Yup. When I think of favorite guard moves, this was one of the very first that gave me goosebumps! :blink: