some old corps photos

Adding to what Malibu said.....that was an absolutely gorgeous uniform, and there's certainly nothing like being tall, with very long legs that are tanned, in tall black boots, with creme/off white/or white skirt/uniform.  Add to that her stature and stance, and marching...what a sight!

Just a fabulous picture and besides being hard as nails, a gorgeous looking specimen!!  :worthy: WOW

Ya know Nancy, I see a lot of similarities between her and YOU.....no kidding! In your pictures I see that "hard corps" expression that is priceless! You rocked girl as a guard captain.....make no mistake about that! One could say the same thing about you..."Just a fabulous picture.....a gorgeous looking specimen!" :music:

Ya know Nancy, I see a lot of similarities between her and YOU.....no kidding! In your pictures I see that "hard corps" expression that is priceless! You rocked girl as a guard captain.....make no mistake about that! One could say the same thing about you..."Just a fabulous picture.....a gorgeous looking specimen!"  :music:

nodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnods

Yep, yep, yep!

:music:  Someone has to explain this one to me.

I think it was in the spring of 1975 and again in 1976 - there was a "pseudo" DCI Hockey Championship. Centered around the midwest - I guess a half dozen corps participated - included 27th which sent a team out and ended up winning it - I think in 1976.

Velvet Knights introduce the two valve piccolo soprano - 1977

Picc1.jpg

That's Tim Benge!

I think the photo is reversed.

GABA

I think it was in the spring of 1975 and again in 1976 - there was a "pseudo" DCI Hockey Championship. Centered around the midwest - I guess a half dozen corps participated - included 27th which sent a team out and ended up winning it - I think in 1976.

I remember you guys sent out a team in '76. Drum corps hockey certainly wasn't NHL caliber :P

Re: The guard capt. pic from The Kingsmen. That's Linda Rieke. Her brother, contra player Ricky, was (and still is) one of my best friends from the 67 Kingsmen. Linda was a youngster in the flag line and later moved onto rifle in later years. I watched how hard she would practice precision-tossing that big old heavy M-1 the Kingsmen guard used and how hard she worked developing her pike skills out there on the front lawn of their house night after night without fail.

Linda is the absolute role model for Kingsmen hard work and determination and it honestly did my heart good when she became color guard captain around 1972. The girl seriously earned it and became such a class act to watch.

I haven't seen her in 30 some years and yet I still remember how hard she worked developing her guard skills back in the day.

I mention this because I probably didn't tell her enough how proud I was of her and how much I respected her and even more how great I still feel to have been lucky enough to have marched with her...and of course all the rest of The Anaheim Kingmen.

Linda Rieke: Class Act!

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

Kingmenguard.jpg

Curtsey: A gesture of civility or respect, made esp. by women consisting of a slight lowering of the body with a bending of the knees.

Class: The Anaheim Kingsmen Rifles.

RON HOUSLEY

WOW! A graceful moment for such a powerful rifle line! Oh heart be still! :worthy::music::worthy:

Kingmenguard.jpg

Curtsey: A gesture of civility or respect, made esp. by women consisting of a slight lowering of the body with a bending of the knees.

Class: The Anaheim Kingsmen Rifles.

RON HOUSLEY

:music::music::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::music::music::music::music::wub::wub::wub::wub: