some old corps photos

No disrespect intended Sarnia.....I remember the cut-aways because we toured with SCV - and nearly everyone had shifted to Ludwig including 27th.

Gail Royer and George Bonfiglio were also good friends, and that trickled down to our corps as well. It was easy to make friends with SCV because our directors were close.

It's OK, :devil: there's a long line of people in front of you who think Vanguard was the only corps sporting cutaways in 77.

At least everyone seems to remember the other thing we did that year - most of the time. :thumbup:

Regards,

John

It's OK, :wub: there's a long line of people in front of you who think Vanguard was the only corps sporting cutaways in 77.

At least everyone seems to remember the other thing we did that year - most of the time. :happy:

Regards,

John

I know now...was away 77...looked up how drum corps was doing 06...feels good to touch base...thanks John...keep up the good work and thanks ;)

Edit: to sarnia sam. Sorry to post the above John. Looks like we missed marching together by 1 year. However, next time you see Rod ask him about the 2 Lindas on guard, blondie and goldie. If he remembers, then you'll know me :)

Edited by lindap

Belleville Black Knights late 60's.

bellevilleblackknightszx7.jpg

is that friggin FESTUS from Gunsmoke??? HOLY CATS that's COOL!!!

Edit : The photo was taken in the fall of '68 when the Knights annually performed at the Shriners Rodeo in St Louis. As a member I recall it was my last performance with the corps in Oct. 1966 before going into the Army. After returning to the corps in 1969 as a brass tech after my discharge, I learned they had continued to perform that gig due to the close association the corps had with the Shriners. Members of the Black Knights from 1954 until 1971 (when they went co-ed) were members of the Belleville chapter of DeMolay. In checking the corps concert book for '68 the same picture appears with the caption " Bill & Ernie with Festus the Gunsmoke TV series star. Ken Curtis was a past DeMolay Master Councilor of his chapter in Colorado.

That's your trivial lesson for today.

Dave

I found out today that this is indeed the Belleville Black Knights DM and CGS pictured with Ken Curtis (Festus of Gunsmoke). The corps was performing at the Shrine Rodeo in St. Louis as was Festus. Thanks to Dave (Belleville Black Knights 1966- brass staff 69-72) for the photo info.

Edited by GrewvyG2

Here's a few:

1976 Vagabond Cadets halloween parade, my little sister is in the snareline, 1st female ever!

scan0005.jpg

promo pic for the American Int. Open 1976, Butler Pa, that's Bill Lutz on keyboards who won DCI I&E a few years later on KB's.

scan0007.jpg

Freelancer's DM accepting 1st place at AIO.

scan0003.jpg

Freelancers at AIO.

scan0004.jpg

1976 General Butler vagabond Cadets, again notice the female in the snareline, again, my little sister Carole.

My little brother Paul is one of the baris.

scan0001.jpg

The parade for the AIO.

scan0006.jpg

CD of A, or Catholic Daughters of America All Girl Corps

scan0002.jpg

I know this is from Fleabag and has been seen over and over, but it was just brought to my attention that the tenor player is Steve Hawkins, younger brother of world famous sopranoist, Curt Hawkins

corpsphotosll005-1.jpg

Edited by steelcityrabbit

KingsmenRifles.jpg

Speaks for itself.

KingsmenRifles.jpg

Speaks for itself.

Is there an award for the most photogenic corps? Is there a SINGLE picture of the Anaheim Kingsman that doesn't look completely bad ###? I would kill for one or two pictures of my old corps to look as fierce as every single Kingsman picture ever taken. It's almost like magic or something. It's amazing.

Is there an award for the most photogenic corps? Is there a SINGLE picture of the Anaheim Kingsman that doesn't look completely bad ###? I would kill for one or two pictures of my old corps to look as fierce as every single Kingsman picture ever taken. It's almost like magic or something. It's amazing.

Well, the underside of the center rifle's uniform IS showing a little...

On the other hand, rifle point about an inch off the bottom of the sash on both of them. Holy crap, they were bad azz.

CD of A, or Catholic Daughters of America All Girl Corps

With that name...and those skirts...I would hope that they were All Girl. :tongue: