some old corps photos

David Lang

Yep!

4 more corps of the 11 photos I took with a yucky-no-flash camera at DCI finals 1983. There are 3 reasons why I post this way:

• I'm extremely busy October-December 2013
  • to login photobucket and see if it still works
  • to invite others to post their old drum corps photos

The 4th reason is if I can on DCP's forum upgrade without a preview post button (wink )

high resolution scan (on an old photo with URL tags removed and the preview post button appeared (blink ) )

Linda I read what you wrote but have no idea what you said. :tounge2: Thanks for continuing to post photos to this thread! And just for that I am reposting a favorite photo.

IMG_0005-5.jpg

Sorry about my jibberish. That was my outside voice and user instructions for when I post photos later (note to myself - reply button is now quote button : ) People sometimes discuss change on these forums. The essence of my 35 year career is change from Fortran > Cobol > DOS > Natural > Visual Basic > Peoplecode > HTML > XML > SQL. I now teach SQL.Sometimes when I stand in front of the classroom, I'd think about how nice it would be to take the participants to the gym to spin a flag, simulated rifle, safe sabre to music of their choice. Then poof, back to reality lol

I truly enjoy your parade photos which brought back fond memories of drum corps 40 years ago as a member. We went to Indy 2013, watched drumline battle, warmups and finals and had fun as distant fans. I posted your '1971 De La Salle snare line on parade' photo on my Facebook, added the comment 'photo courtesy of baja' and the responses were wonderful, from naming all the members to antics that happened that day. When I view your Blue Stars guard parade photo, I remember a time in 1973, 1974 or 1975 when Seneca Princemen guard marched between Blue Stars and Phantom Regiment guards at retreat. I was impressed with all 3 guards and proud of ours.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a day off work Monday : ) There's Post and More Reply Options buttons on the new DCP. I picked Post with fingers crossed (where's the preview post option?)

my first edit with the DCP upgrade: I'm polite. If you see the stadium railing, I was in my seat. If you don't see the orange railing, I was on my feet : )

my second edit with DCP upgrade: 2 buttons Save Changes or Use Full Editor which is grey and gives me an error message. No worries.

IMG_0015-a_zps9e4fdc6a.jpg

IMG_0015-b-scv_zpse0bbd689.jpg

Edited by lindap

• 2 weeks later...