some old corps photos

Maybe there should be an ALL Alberta Girls page on DCP LOL. Tons of pictures! Cool

• Like 1

Excluding personal photos that I’ve posted on DCP of AAG 1977-1979 from my camera (many on OMG : ), I’ve only posted 53 of 675 photos from 1971-1975 that’s on a disc compiled in 2006, prior to our reunion. The ladies did a wonderful job scanning, digitizing and organizing the reunion. It was the 2006 reunion that inspired me to scan my 1970’s World Open, CYO, U.S. Open, Shriners’ International and DCI programs and more, for DCP, that I found in my garage after 30 years!

At the 2006 reunion, someone said to me ‘Thanks for bringing your 1977 photo albums’. Posting photos is my way of saying ‘Thanks to you too!’ Last weekend, a neighbour whom I’ve known for 11 years, introduced me to her new neighbour. The new neighbour marched triple drums with AAG 1978-1979 and has photos and video footage of those years, thanks to her Dad. Will we get together? Perhaps. Will I post 1978 photos on DCP? Maybe not. The encounter is what counts.

The intent of the above photos is to show drums from the early 70’s for historical purposes. The photos are also meant to show the importance of community and lastly, the photos were taken by parents of marching members. Thanks to all that contributed to our activity, past and present! To the 2013 peeps, get it, do it, work it and most of all, learn and have fun! :bigsmile:

Maybe there should be an ALL Alberta Girls page on DCP LOL. Tons of pictures! Cool

Thanks but no. This is a historical thread, to share experiences, prior to the digital age, with the assistance of computers, for ALL marching members, past and present. This thread is Very Cool!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

27th Lancers!

27th-8.jpg

Looks like Kennedy Stadium in Bridgeport. That old concession truck was always parked in the same spot for every show.

• Like 1

Spectacle City Mariners!

SpectacleCityMariners-5.jpg

69 World Open. Great show.

1972 AAG performing in London England

173_zpsf0f6559f.jpg

Great photos. I remember seeing AAG perform at the 74 World Cup in Munich Germany.

Great photos. I remember seeing AAG perform at the 74 World Cup in Munich Germany.

Thank you. A few of us had brunch yesterday with our former corps directors and reminisced : D

edit: btw i'm exhausted posting photos; look around, scan when you can, find a hosting site and post your IMGS, hugs : )

This is for RKF : )

First frame of 1974 of 8 minute documentary film (upload to photobucket > right mouse > Properties > cut/paste URL and add IMG tags at beginning and end)

th_74-aag-03_zpsdd336150.png

Last frame of 1974 of 8 minute documentary film, an upgraded version given to me as a gift by the directors 4 months ago. I snagged 13 stills that I may post later when I’m rested.

th_74-aag-15_zpsecee7fe9.png

edit again for RKF (photobucket > click many times > IE complains > finally get a Copy URL > paste and post > will open another browser next time) I've enjoyed DCP. Have a great summer 2013!

74-aag-03_zpsdd336150.png

74-aag-04_zps0651d8ed.png

74-aag-15_zpsecee7fe9.png

Circles : )

74-aag-06_zps9ce35bb3.png

Edited by lindap