some old corps photos

'83 prelims.....Florida Wave????

EitherVKorthecorpsfromFL.jpg

I think this is 83 VK

....no Garfield pics???? :wub:

Thanks for the pictures!

I'm easy to find in this shot. This is re-entry at the point the company front splits. I'm on the very end on the left side going backwards. It was a blast being on the end of the gate turns, running backwards. Rehearsal days were easy for me, most of rehearsal was spent on the inner 15 people making sure they nailed the rotation. The rest of us played frisbee or tossed a football during practice.

1982 Blue Devils prelims

BlueDevils7streamers.jpg

This is the end of the show, I'm on the end on the left side, back arch.

This was a "victory" pose. We only did this at prelims and finals. You can't tell, but when our arms went up in "victory", the corps started counting with their left hand....1...2...3...4...5....

Some of the contras, if they couldn't hold the pose for long, would have help from the player next to them, helping hold up the horn. It looks like the contra on the front side line (left side) is getting a little help. There was a calendar shot in 1984 I believe of one of our contras with hs arms at about a 45% angle holding that horn like it was nothing.

'82 BD prelims

BlueDevils8streamers.jpg

Edited by bd5times