Dan,

Yes, but the "corps of the year" in 1975, was your, Madison

AMAZING, Showmanship, Excitement, and just maybe the

best Individual marchers ever.

Have a nice day, and Thanks for the Memories

St. Mary,

You're welcome :). It was an exciting time to march in the Scouts. The tough "balls to the wall" image was a reworking of the old 60s "rock'em sock'em" tradition of east coast corps. I know that Jim Elvord--the Scout horn instructor and the man responsible for creating the Madison image--believed that some of the loudest hornlines ever were the NY Skyliners and Hawthorne Cabs of the mid 1960s (including the beloved Chicago Royal Airs). We were the junior counterpart and extention of that tradition in mid-1970s.

Ahh. . . the memories, the memories.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that one of the best lessons that we learn with Drum Corps?  Get through it no matter what, keep going no matter the adversity or whatever stands in your way.  Gotta love it!  :D

True enough . . . but I'll never forget that feeling: majorly P.O.ed, with a tinge of panic because I just didn't know how it was going to go. The shows I look back on with satisfaction are the slam-dunks, when I knew I'd really nailed it. Never had the opportunity in that Atlanta show, unfortunately!

But, then again, Oakland was one of the last corps to get to compete before torrential rain and lightning shut the whole thing down. So I guess in the end, that show didn't really go according to plan for anyone!