Brass music scores

futurebuzz

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't "get" them. They are property of the corps.

Hire an arranger to write things for you.

Or look to the music publishing companies. They've always got some cheesy arrangements of drum corps hits.

Some arrangers are willing to sell their work to high school and college bands, as evidenced by all the terrible rip-offs I heard of Magic '94 over next year or two. You'll have to contact the arranger and/or the corps directly if you want to get ahold of their stuff. And they're likely to charge you just as much as it would cost to hire someone to do original arrangements. Other than that, there are some pretty decent "off the shelf" charts. Hie on down to "Ye Olde Band Shoppe" and do some browsing.

And hiring an arranger doesn't need to be super expensive. Just contact the school of music at your local university. I'm sure there will be at least a handful of talented music students who would kill to hear their arrangements played by a real live drum corps ... and all for the price of a few cases of Bud. For that matter, a lot of colleges have pretty extensive music libraries. Just try not to violate any copyright laws.

OK, thanks for your help! :)

The corps that i'm with comes from the UK and we had to pull out second half of the season because of a lack of members etc. This music that i am trying to get hold of is only going to be used to boost the moral of our members and to make sure that we keep them for next season. The music won't be used in our future shows.

Cheers!

http://www.futurecorps.net webmaster

Ah. I see ... I didn't realize you were in the UK. Given the conditions you describe, would it be possible to get your hands on some brass band music and have someone transcribe/transpose it for you? I don't know how readily available that sort of thing is over there. (What key are your horns in -- G or Bb?)

Our corps cannot afford to "hire" a person to write music, i was just wondering if i could get anything from the web thats all. There must be some warm-ups at least?

I doubt you'll find anything on the web...there would be all kinds of copyright problems with that...even warm ups.

Our corps cannot afford to "hire" a person to write music, i was just wondering if i could get anything from the web thats all. There must be some warm-ups at least?

I could try to give you some help with warm-ups and some nice "lip builders" I learned and really seem to work......If you are interested please let me know.

OK, thanks for your help! :)

The corps that i'm with comes from the UK and we had to pull out second half of the season because of a lack of members etc. This music that i am trying to get hold of is only going to be used to boost the moral of our members and to make sure that we keep them for next season. The music won't be used in our future shows.

Cheers!

One person who has an entire library of music he would probably sell you at a great deal is John Arietano.

He's written for all levels of corps, from small parade-style corps through great competitive corps, not to mention too many bands to count (including the one I work with).

If you are interested, let me know and I'll hook you up with him.

Mike

OK, thanks for your help!  :)

Cheers!

One person who has an entire library of music he would probably sell you at a great deal is John Arietano.

He's written for all levels of corps, from small parade-style corps through great competitive corps, not to mention too many bands to count (including the one I work with).

If you are interested, let me know and I'll hook you up with him.

Mike

Hey Mike! Great idea. Someone who I should have thought of off the top of my head! Actually you can hook up with him through Skyliners website (I think he has a link there.....I know he is with their Brass caption....head possibly? And I also think he is doing their arrangements....)