Brass music scores

futurebuzz

Thanks again people!

Would we have to pay for his music? Only, our corps has no money at all. Any money that we do have is spent on the running of our week to week rehearsals.

Anything at all that you can offer would be fantastic. Drum Corps from the UK is not on the same level as in the USA and we have limited staff too.

Cheers!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again people!

Would we have to pay for his music? Only, our corps has no money at all. Any money that we do have is spent on the running of our week to week rehearsals.

Anything at all that you can offer would be fantastic. Drum Corps from the UK is not on the same level as in the USA and we have limited staff too.

Cheers!

I don't know if he'd just give his charts to you for nothing, as that is how he makes his living, but I also wouldn't put it past him!

As Vic said, you can check him out on the Skyliers web site. If that doesn't work for you, let me know. I have his Email and phone number, as he does the charts for the band I teach.

Mike

Even with the differences between US corps and corps from the UK, I would think that any drum corps should have a budget for obtaining music. You can't have a DC without music!

Money spent on rehearsals? What expenses arise from rehearsals? Do the members pay a fee to march? Just curious..

Even with the differences between US corps and corps from the UK, I would think that any drum corps should have a budget for obtaining music. You can't have a DC without music!

Money spent on rehearsals? What expenses arise from rehearsals? Do the members pay a fee to march? Just curious..

You're not helping with these comments. "You cant have a DC without music..." It would be nice to have the members first!!

We have to pay £2 per week as subs but some people dont pay it. What are we supposed to do, chuck them out of the corps?? We only have a brass line of 12 so that's not an option! Also, we aint gonna get alot of money with 12 brass members!

I really dont want to expose our situation on the net so please try and help. If you have nothing to offer me then please leave this convo.

Thanks to everyone else for your contructive comments!! I will try and get intouch with that writer that you mention.

Cheers :)

As an arranger who is interested in supporting drum corps (and anyone who wants to play, for that matter), I would be happy to let you have any of my arrangements for use with your brass section. Send me an email to discuss further (which tunes you want and all).

As an arranger who is interested in supporting drum corps (and anyone who wants to play, for that matter), I would be happy to let you have any of my arrangements for use with your brass section. Send me an email to discuss further (which tunes you want and all).

Way to go Chris! I ditto the sentiment. If you don't have the ability to write your own (Are none of your 12 players capable? Even for exercises?) then contact an arranger from a corps. I know when we were getting going last year, there were a lot of folks (particularly from the Renegades) who were more than willing to help out. And we only only had 12 horns last year, but made it work. Keep it up and be patient, it will grow.

Now here's a related question: With copyright law such as it is, can you just use someone else's arrangement? Or do you need permission to perform it with a different group?

With copyright law such as it is, can you just use someone else's arrangement? Or do you need permission to perform it with a different group?

Basically, you can use the arrangement in rehearsals. If you are going to perform it, you need to get the rights from the original composer. Only need to get rightsfrom the arranger if it is a copyrighted arrangement.

You're not helping with these comments. "You cant have a DC without music..." It would be nice to have the members first!!

We have to pay £2 per week as subs but some people dont pay it. What are we supposed to do, chuck them out of the corps?? We only have a brass line of 12 so that's not an option! Also, we aint gonna get alot of money with 12 brass members!

I really dont want to expose our situation on the net so please try and help. If you have nothing to offer me then please leave this convo.

Thanks to everyone else for your contructive comments!! I will try and get intouch with that writer that you mention.

Cheers :)

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be negative. It is my opinion that teaching music is the main objective of a drum corps...it is the focus. Without it, you won't have a drum corps, will you? But I do see your point about getting the members first.

As far as the money is concerned, I didn't offer any comments on what to do about members that pay or don't pay, so don't jump to conclusions. I'm only asking because I do have former management experience and trying to help. Still, I ask again, with only 12 members in the line, what could possibly by your expenses for rehearsals? Do you have a defined budget and a person responsible for handling finances?

If you don't want to expand on this on the net for whatever reason, you can send me a private message.

Or, if you think I have been too negative for your taste, I will gracefully bow out of this thread.

If someone can get contact info, I would be glad to help with this effort.