Crusaders Alive and Well

what does the "same division" mean?

You can't do both because Cru and Albion are in the same division and they begin on the same street, Joe...there IS NO WAY you could both, unless of course...

You could clone yourself like Bill Hoyt has done!!!

I have heard that Bill Hoyt clones are marching with every corps in DCA, thereby Bill will finally win the elusive ring he has always wanted!!!! Now every corps can have the pleasure of having Bill Hoyt in their horn line...Imagine that!!!! Now he can march next to Tammy with Bucs...and Julia with Empire at the same show!!!Bill with a sombrero, aussie and even NO HAT!!! Even better Bill wearing a kilt!!!!

For all of the brass caption heads...if you have problems teaching Bill, don't be worried. Some of the best teachers have torn their hair out trying to do this improbable feat of musical prowess. If you really have a problem, I would suggest calling Steve Cooley to do your work for you. Please don't call me on how to do it. Jerry Kelsey also has experience teaching Bill...maybe he could help as well.

I have finally caved in...I let Bill play whatever he wants to play.That seems to be the best solution so far.

Now go crab Joe!!!!

Donny

DA, Thanks so much for clarifying all this to my son. I just got home from work and he is at BBall so I appreciate not having to explain the whole mess. BEAUTIFUL. But, if he actually reads all that, I may have to explain anyways. Oh well......

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't do both because Cru and Albion are in the same division and they begin on the same street, Joe...there IS NO WAY you could both, unless of course...

You could clone yourself like Bill Hoyt has done!!!

I have heard that Bill Hoyt clones are marching with every corps in DCA, thereby Bill will finally win the elusive ring he has always wanted!!!! Now every corps can have the pleasure of having Bill Hoyt in their horn line...Imagine that!!!! Now he can march next to Tammy with Bucs...and Julia with Empire at the same show!!!Bill with a sombrero, aussie and even NO HAT!!! Even better Bill wearing a kilt!!!! 

For all of the brass caption heads...if you have problems teaching Bill, don't be worried. Some of the best teachers have torn their hair out trying to do this improbable feat of musical prowess. If you really have a problem, I would suggest calling Steve Cooley to do your work for you. Please don't call me on how to do it. Jerry Kelsey also has experience teaching Bill...maybe he could help as well.

I have finally caved in...I let Bill play whatever he wants to play.That seems to be the best solution so far. Sorry, I was logged in on Joe's account. I beleive that I am finally straight now

Now go crab Joe!!!!

Donny

DA, Thanks so much for clarifying all this to my son. I just got home from work and he is at BBall so I appreciate not having to explain the whole mess. BEAUTIFUL. But, if he actually reads all that, I may have to explain anyways. Oh well......

what a crappy night to night was, 5 kids decide to show up at baseball then the whole other thread thing happend.

i am still confused about this though, heres what i dont understand, my band directer said that i could march with our band UNTIL the camera section and THEN go to where cru is. if we are on the same section then that should be a good thing?! Are we like back to back (i doubt the planning people would do that) or are there any other groups that are in between us?

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

School first Joe...Crusaders second.

It just doen't seem possible at all...the TV cameras are about 500 feet before the END of the parade. It is OK...do your school band.

But if Bill Hoyt clones are with every corps, it may even the odds for every corps to become more equal, thereby allowing parity between all corps. I would love to see the staff members of the top corps handle Bill and his own unique stylisms of the drum corps idiom....an interesting concept.

Donny

woo,

lilac parade this weekend, and the rest of the opener revised and hopefully if not all but some of "we go on"....alright....im going to go enjoy the rest of my b-day now......

Joey O.

Happy Birthday Joey....who knew????

Donny

Hello to all Crusaders that attended Fat Moe's last Friday night. It was great to see all of you out supporting The Half Ton Horns.

Happy B'Day Joey O.

Thanks again for coming guys and gals....we really appreciated it.

Jimmy Steele