Omaha Railmen

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim was running Railmen's guard from '88 through '91 -- he always got them to do their thing.

He's one of the guys that Shane brought from his Madison days; Jim Heisinger and Keith Dudek were two more, both of them arriving in '89. Tim was in Scouts' rifle line at least in '87 -- not sure about before that.

Funny story: he used to tell our rifles that he'd never "cheat" on a move where you hold the rifle at both ends and jump over it. Then at the Jolesch booth at DCI, some of the girls found an action shot of him in '87 doing that exact move -- but with one hand free of the rifle. They gave him such #### over it.. lol

• 10 months later...

There is a Railmen Memorial webpage at www.myspace.com/railmendrumandbuglecorps

I marched Sky Ryders and saw the Railmen a couple times before that. I remember there were a couple of snare drummers from Railmen in 87. One guys name was Chad. I heard he is in a rock band that's doing well. I remember seeing a few more Railmen at the auditions for Sky Ryders for the 88 season. I ran out of money and couldn't march that year which would have been my age out year.

We are starting a Senior/All Age Drum & Bugle Corps in Olathe, Kansas. (a suburb of KC) We hope to build enough in 2006 to make DCM in 2007. If things go real well, we may make a couple DCA shows in the new Central DCA Division. We have a Yahoo Group that was formed in 2004 just before I took off to Iraq.

Our Status Now:We have sent in our Kansas incorporation papers, we have 22 bugles and building, we are searching for some good field drums and have a couple of good leads. Check out our Yahoo site for developments. Everyone who is interested is invited to participate. Who knows, we could spin off a Nebraska Corps from this effort.

Sgt. D.

Prairie Sound

yeah we had a bunch of railmen in the corps over the years. the chad you are thinking of is chad sexton of 311.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally, a decent reason for me to create my own myspace account!

Just saw the site myself last night. Way COOOOOLLLLLLLLLL. Gonna look for my "Railmen" box in the attic today while getting down the Christmas decorations.

There is a new Sr. Corps in Cleveland and they seem happy to have old Railmen. Long tone warmups ROCK.

Hope all is well in the land of the "Professional Contra". Give me a call next time you come through, you're welcome any time.

Greg

• 9 months later...
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Omaha needs a junior drum and bugle corps. Be it the Railmen...or someone else.

Who needs a railroad for support when you can just ask Warren :)