What about the pit?

BluePit2K5

Why isn't their a site devoted to pitsters everywhere out their. I mean seriously. I would like to have a place to go online and talk about other pits, reviews and stuff, and maybe some sound clips. Their was some guy filming our pit at Champs this past summer and said he was going to post something about a pit site, but never did. Or am I just missing something here?

Why Not Us?

6 Words

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. And if you want to talk about forgotten sections, try cyms. At least ever group has a pit.

Drew Tucker (The Magic front ensemble instructor) has his own website (drewtucker.net) with a section devoted to front ensemble media. The page says something along the lines of,

'I used to complain about the large amounts of battery media on the web and the pathetically small amount of pit, mallet, and percussion ensemble stuff.....surprisingly, this complaining got me nowhere, so I decided to do something about it."

Right now the offerings are kind of small because Drew is a very busy guy, but you could definitely help by contributing whatever front ensemble media you may have, or hosting it online.

• 1 month later...
I agree.  And if you want to talk about forgotten sections, try cyms.  At least ever group has a pit.

Maybe if you're talking DCI, or other drum corps, but I know plenty of other groups that aren't large enough to have a pit, they have to march all their percussionists. Or, they have a pit, but it's mostly--speaking in high school terms--middle schoolers, who they pull from the jr. high bands. But, yeah, pit is a little forgotten, because they are relatively there, and just easily over-looked. After all, what spectator doesn't think the drum line is the coolest thing ever, and, by the way, who are those idiots in the front blocking the view? I think we're pretty under appreciated, but only because no one really understands our purpose, except maybe the rest of us.

We had a cymbol line once, they were terrible. It would have been cool if they knew what they were doing. Sometimes, most of the time, I hate being a young band.

Not to take away from this thread but I stated a thread on www.drumhard.com and I was curious about some of you all's POV's. It's titled : "Do you factor in the front ensemble... total percussion?!?" Sorry if I've taken away from your post , BluePit2K5.

• 2 months later...
Why isn't their a site devoted to pitsters everywhere out their.  I mean seriously.  I would like to have a place to go online and talk about other pits, reviews and stuff, and maybe some sound clips.  Their was some guy filming our pit at Champs this past summer and said he was going to post something about a pit site, but never did.  Or am I just missing something here? 

Why Not Us?

6 Words

Maybe you should start one?