New York Voices coming to Bloomington

The legendary jazz vocal group New York Voices will be performing in Bloomington on April 27th (Wed) at 7:30 PM

More information available here:

http://www.jazzfrombloomington.org/Announcements/index.htm

I plan on attending, and I'll post a review after the show.

This looks like it's going to be really cool :)

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the show after spending 3 hours in the darkroom making prints for tomorrow.

The concert was very good. I'd say that the crowd was about 200-300 (small-sized theater), and was very enthusiastic the whole night long. NYV came out to "Sing Sing Sing" and pretty much had the audience hooked from then on. They did "Baroque Samba" next (which I was looking forward to hearing, what with the 1990 Crossmen connection and all) and it was very good in person. The singers really get into the song and are as fun to watch on the stage as they are to listen to. Next, they performed a couple of Jao Gilberto songs interspersed with a couple of Ellington songs, and then did "Stone Soul Picnic" and "Mother and Child Reunion" from their Paul Simon album, these songs were some of the best of the night imo. They finished with "Stardust" which of course drew great applause, and "Caravan", their traditional closing number.

All in all, this was a very good concert at 90 minutes. The crowd was very appreciative of the group. I'd highly recommend seeing NYV if they're in your area.

:)

Back from the show after spending 3 hours in the darkroom making prints for tomorrow.

They did "Baroque Samba" next (which I was looking forward to hearing, what with the 1990 Crossmen connection and all) and it was very good in person. :)

You can add Music City legend to that list.

We did Baroque Samba last year as our closer.

• 2 weeks later...