NEED THEM please!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Mass Brass rocked the house. Is that right Strutta?

i i heard was a little of 27th, and when i say little i mean 20 seconds so...

I will only say Thanks!!!! to the classic committee, especially the Kepple brothers for trying ther best to make this happen. As the Crusaders prepared to take the stage, we found out that most of the pit equipment wasn't going to fit in the doors of the auditorium. Rod and Larry Kepple and staff really tried hard to accommodate the situation. Although it took awhile, things worked out as well as could be expected.

I didn't get to see any of the corps so I cannot comment. The party afterwards was well attended with respresentatives from all of the performing groups and Rochester area fans.

Thanks again for the attempt at making things well. Although it took a little steam from the Crusaders performance, it was obvious that these guys cared about making things right. Another thanks to the folks from Light Brigade who waited behind Cru for their chance to perform. The classic show is always a well run show. The committee works hard at making it that way. Gary Pickering was especially good with his clipboard!!!LOL

Donny

I heard Mass Brass rocked the house. Is that right Strutta?

I know WE had a lot of fun out there! We were pretty happy with our performance especially considering that it's very early in the year. We still have more work to do, however.

At the party afterward, everyone was very nice and complimentary toward us. That's ALWAYS fun to hear. Anyone out there have a review of the show?

I only got to see Light Brigade in the sound check. They sounded really solid with some very nice arrangements. I particularly like the Robin Hood music.

I got to hear a little bit of Rochester when they were in their gym. The Millenium Celebration music ROCKS! I loved it when Cadets played it and I'm sure the Cru will hammer it as well. Best of luck guys. Sorry about the pit equipment problems.

I got to hear a couple of St Joe's numbers at the show. "Pines of the Appian Way" was done well. "Legend of the One Eyed Sailor" was pretty cool as well. It was good to hear the Jim Ott arrangement again (as opposed to the arrangement we play). Once again St. Joe's has a ton of horns.

I'd be interested to hear other reviews from people that were in the crowd. I hope everyone enjoyed the show.

I can't say anything because I didn't see anyone. I went out to chat with some friends after our part of the gig, and when I came back in St. Joe's was doing Legend(Nice brass). I was only gone for a minute.

I had fun playing all day though. Don't do enough of that.

Regards,

John Swartz

Optimists

yes the party afterwords was fun

But at $3.00 a beer it got a little expensive. <**>

Doing the chicken dance was a blast. :)

Then at 3:30am it was off to Nick Tahos for the famous Garbage Plate. b**bs

Didn't get to sleep until 5:30am and then I was up at 7:30am for rehearsal with

CRU. :music:

God love Drum Corps

fun fun fun... still looking for some reviews

Hey Scott, that is what you get ...hanging with Mike!!!!

DA