Blast II - Shockwave Review

Shockwave: Edgier, more contemporary than Blast!

A review by Michael Boo

More than 4,000 theater-goers were treated to the premier performance of Shockwave, the new audio-visual extravaganza from the folks that brought us Blast!, on Sept. 28 at Eisenhower Hall Theatre at West Point, N.Y. (home of the United States Military Academy).

The 47-piece troupe is comprised of former drum corps and marching band members, as well as performers who never touched a drum corps or marching band field.

Judging by the massed audience reaction, Shockwave is destined to become ... Read the rest on DCI.org.

I just got back from seeing at Purchase also, I thought it was amazing.

Don't try and compare it to Blast, its very different. The selection of music was - WOWOWOWOWOWO - I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The choregraphy was superb.

However.........what I'm about to say, is just a Statement, and I realize its the 2nd time they performed this so I know it will not be the norm.

I was a little disappointed in the visuals when they had equipment in their hands. Too many breaks, too many drops. Every major impact was lost by a drop. AGAIN, easy for me to say while I sit behind a computer, but......I am a guard person, and I really was watching.....not looking for mistakes, more captivating, the bam, lost it.

Congrats - Great Show - I want to see it again in a few months.

I saw it last night in New Brunswick - I loved it!

The musical selections were great and the VE was much better than they were in West Point I understand...