Best hornline to ever hit the field! (pt. 2)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw in my usual old school love:

'80 Rockland, MA  Defenders - Many, many nice moments in this show.

'81 MB3 - Hard to believe that this corps did not place higher.  What a lush sounding horn line.

Funny you should mention that! I'm listening to 81 MB3 now :wub: and I agree with you! I also think 1982 wasn't so bad either! :P :)

Oh and BTW if you get a chance, check out 1986 27th Lancers horn line...I thought Frank Dorritie and company did great with us that year and we were underrated (if I do say so myself)! :) :P

Edited by Lancerlady

I know I am old school I guess. If you want to hear a magic hornline, playing on the old instruments, please listen to the Argonne Rebels any year around 1968 - 1971. They never marched that well and their shows just weren't quite good enough, but these people could play with any hornline in history. I would love to have heard them play with today's horns.

Is anyone with me on this?

They were REALLY loud in 1986! :wub:

Yes. Loud. We were very loud. Our marching was pretty loud too. :wub:

I don't remember where our '86 hornline ended up being ranked, but I do remember the pure joy I felt when 66 of us would "park it and market". '85 was a great line as well, but we had a fairly "backwoods" tour, and I don't think many people saw us. I am very proud of those years.

The Marauders were looking like thay had a great future ahead of them at that point, but, like so many other corps, the adults mismanaged and misbehaved the corps into oblivion. They did manage to build themselves back into a contender in the early '90's with their pirate themed shows, but it seems that the grownups just had to mess with success again. Tragic.

the best non-finalist hornlines that I've seen:

Blue Knights 2002

Blue Knights 2003

Capital Regiment 2004

Madison Scouts 2002

Seattle Cascades 2004

Southwind 2000

Spirit 2001 - yes I'm biased because I marched in that line, it was still a great hornline with a great brass book

Spirit 2004

the best non-finalist hornlines that I've seen:

Blue Knights 2003

BK made finals in 2003, just barely beating out the Glassmen.

If not, they would definetly be on my list.

~>conner

Surprised no one has mentioned 1982 Suncoast Sound.

Possibly the most competitive hornline absent from a DCI final show was the 1972 Blue Rock. They weren't cut, though - they just did not attend championships.

I'd cast my own vote for the 2003 Colts.