Boston's Preview Performance..any reviews?

ANy body go to the Crusader's Preview? Share a review please

• 2 weeks later...
why the PM we all would like to know ?

everything ok in BAC ?

Sorry... just old friends catching up.... but...

Everything is good with the corps and from the report I got they did a full run through of their music at the Preview earlier this month and it was good..... Very young corps this year and very fan friendly music that should also hold it's own competitively.. I can't wait to see and hear more reports out of the Boston camp in New Hampshire....

Good Luck and a lot of love from this old Crusader!

Ben

BAC 99-00

US Navy 00- present

I had the pleasure of spending four hours watching the corps in New Hampshire on Sunday 5/28. Because of my travel timing, I was unable to stay for the run-through. But here is what I saw:

The last part of the morning drill reheasal: I'm not certain what part of the show they were working on...but what I saw was quite good. The corps is marching well and the although they still have an aggressive look style-wise, the drill design seemed fresh and new. All 64 horn spots were filled, btw.

I caught a bit of music rehearsal after lunch. They were working on cleaning the Copeland piece as I was leaving. The brass line was excellent-they were doing some tweaking of dynamics. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the latter part of rehearsal, plus the corps management moved them indoors because there was thunder in the distance.

I did not get to see the guard, but I believe they are full as is the drum line. Hanging out a bit with the corps, I'm not sure that they are any younger than usual....they do have some short snare drummers who look young, but those guys are college age.

Anyway, I came away excited for the season and I'm hoping to visit again in a week or so. Morale was very high and they have one of their best move-in venues ever.

:P

Actually, where they are in the middle of New Hampshire's White Mountains, I would have needed either a seaplane or an Apache helicopter to be able to catch a flight!

I had to drive my rv home to Maine, and with those mountain roads and bad weather on the horizon, I though it prudent to head out.

Can't wait to see a run-through, however. :)