Corps Member Then and Now

I guess I'm old. I didn 't realize there were "qualifications" for being an alum. I assumed if you marched, you were an alum. I consider myself an "alum" of three corps, two where I marched their final years and one where I aged out.

Am I wrong?

Rocketman - not an alum?

ampssuck

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you are RM! You are more than worthy! :)

As for me... I march Argonauts at reforming to the demise in 87. Yet, I got no alumnus ring or anything. However, I did get many awards, including "Member of the Year" (1987).

The staff told me to go out and BUY the ring myself. I thought that was tacky at best.

Edited by apoch003

The staff told me to go out and BUY the ring myself.  I thought that was tacky at best.

DANG! Tacky is being too kind. Considering you were there for them, it's the least they could have done for you. Are you telling me, corps now have alumni rings? What a freaking Rip! We didn't have anything like that!

Rocketman - where's my ring?

ampssuck

Well, OURS did anyway. It was a six year membership ring. All the staff who were first gen Argos had them.

Tuthill then changed us in 88 to a marching band. I was never so angry with someone as 88 was my age out year. But we'll save that for tomorrows 1987 thread! :P

In Bridgemen you became a Veteran after a year.

but the real distiction between members were 5 and 10 year members.

If you marched in Bridgemen for 5 seasons you were presented with a 5 year ring. If you managed to do 10 years (which I only know of one, but I bet there were others) you received a 10 year ring.

I marched 4 years. I would have aged out in 1986 in my 5th year but the corps did not go out :(

It was my dream to become a 5 year member but it was not to be.

hey, maybe we can make the Alumni corps count as well!!!!

that gives me 5!!!! HEY!!! where the #### is my ring?? :P

Ah the voice of reason....John you are wise.

Thanks Mike !

Hope all is well with you. Tell us what it took to graduate from SCV and AK.

Send me an email detailing your latest adventure. Thanks for the picture of Pete.

John

I think you're still a hot babe !!!!! ^0^

But as to the subject at hand.... . People are mixing up alumnus with graduate. In the 27th Lancers in order to "graduate" and receive your 27th Plaque you had to march 2 years of which one had to be your last year (I marched 6 , 1975,76,77,78,79,80). All people who marched are alumni for the year they marched, but not all are graduates of the drum corps.

Hot and getting hotter every year..... :blink::wall::tic:

As "we" know, a great man once said, it is perhaps easier to get into heaven than to be a 27th Lancer. Getting that plaque - signifying you graduated - was even harder.

I think you're still a hot babe !!!!! ^0^

But as to the subject at hand.... . People are mixing up alumnus with graduate. In the 27th Lancers in order to "graduate" and receive your 27th Plaque you had to march 2 years of which one had to be your last year (I marched 6 , 1975,76,77,78,79,80). All people who marched are alumni for the year they marched, but not all are graduates of the drum corps.

Oh contrare, you're the hot babe!

76, 77, 78, 79, 80 alumni and graduate..... I already knew that! :P The graduation was to become an alum no? Or can we re-enact the Graduate "Are you trying to seduce me Mrs. Robinson?" :P

Yeah, I guess what you're saying is making sense now! Thanks JohnJohn.

Why didn't you just tell me to leave Bobby and come on, in maybe November of 74? I guess that's a dead horse! Darla did it in typing class everyday up until I don't know maybe until February, then they found a very young girl (13 or 14) I think her name was Michelle. In October of 75 D and I went and got her uniform and it became mine. I think she lived in Melrose maybe?

Ooh you're hot!!! ^0^

Hot and getting hotter every year..... :blink:  :wall:  :tic:

As "we" know, a great man once said, it is perhaps easier to get into heaven than to be a 27th Lancer. Getting that plaque - signifying you graduated - was even harder.

Got It! And as I told you the last time I saw you "you get better with age" ^0^

Getting that plaque - signifying you graduated - was even harder.

We're talking High School here, right? If so, I agree, I'm still waiting! :P

Back on topic, it certainly would have been nice to be recognized as an alum/graduate, and I applaud 2-7 for seeing the value in such recognition.

Now, wheres my plaque AND ring?

Rocketman - one ringy dingy

ampssuck