The Birth of a New Drum & Bugle Corps

Joe....JOE[/color]....JOE

Edited by donnymusic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke:

This is really great to hear.  And believe me, I KNOW what you are going through trying to get this started.  I am part of an organization attempting to field a corps from Long Island in the foreseeable future in DCI.  Lots of logistics.  Lots of insanity.  But ALL for the better.

Believe me, if the organization is there and set up, the kids WILL come.  So will the instructors, techs and staffs of the schools (for an all-age this is even MORE important since if THE STAFF marches, the STUDENTS are more likely to march!).

Again, congrats.  I am glad to see we on Long Island are not the only ones thinking of the future of drum corps in the US!  :D

Best of luck.  And if I can be of service by sharing some of my personal experience on this road, PLEASE feel free to contact me at any point!  :D

Thanks Vic, I didn't know or here of your venture. As your love for this activity is driving you to build a new corps, I wish you all the best. A junior corps on Long Island. Sounds good to me. Maybe there can be two shows on the island in the same season! Let's keep each other informed as we build a couple of new corps.

Question. What is Cavalcade of Bands? Maybe I haven't heard of it because I live in Texas?

Thank you for your support. Initially this corps is being orgainized under The Cavalcade of Bands orgaization. We have, these numbers are close but not accurate, 100 Marchings Bands, 50 indoor units and 80 Jazz Bands. Some of the jazz bands are from High School Marching Bands that compete in different circuits, not Cavalcade of Bands.

All we ask is that you attend a school that is a member of Cavalcade. Any of our orgainizations.

So to answer your question, Cavalcade Drum Corps will have members that compete in different marching band circuits.

Question.  What is Cavalcade of Bands?  Maybe I haven't heard of it because I live in Texas?

I hope this answers your question.. For more information go to www.cavalcadeofbands.org.

Drum corps is in crisis. Every year there is less drum corps and less shows. It's the responsibility of everyone who loves drum corps to keep this past time alive. We can't afford to lose anymore corps or shows for any reasons. It doesn't matter what force or farce is creating cancellations, what matters is that it must stop. All I hear is excuses, but in the words of a famous former corps director, "Excuses are like ***holes, everyone has one and they all stink." Support drum corps in every way you can. It doesn't matter which circuit and which corps are performing, it matters only that it's drum corps and it needs to keep existing. I don't have a clue why these shows were cancelled, but I do know that they shouldn't have been. Drum corps is too precious.

This quote is from Jim (Smoothy) Snyder, Governaires, from the thread DCM Shows Being Cancelled....... Very Strong Feelings.

Thanks Jim. I think many of us feel the same way.

Edited by dukecornwell

JOE CAVALCADE !!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Jim Cossetti

Lotsa Stuff

Edited by Jimbalaya

DUKE PFAFF???????

LMAO!!!!

Donny