The Magic

I auditioned for the 2005 edition of this corps, and I have somewhat fallen in love with them. I was wondering how everyone feels about their performance so far, and chances of being in the top 12 this year, and just about anything else (as long as it hasn't already been said nine times in the reviews.)

B)

Hmmm...it was nice. The horn line has improved since last year and their marching for sure has improved. I don't know if the "Music" they were playing really affected me on any level. It was just kind of "there" for me personally. I love the silver sash wish that they had that in last years show. Color guard uniforms are nice as well. I hope they can clean it up.

I haven't seen their show yet. It's way too early to know where any corps will be, but judging from the scores of the Orlando regional it seems like they will be fighting for semifinals (top 17). Anything can happen though, season is very young.

I marched with the corps in 2003, I have yet to see their show, but I am thinking it is going to fall in the Semis spots...

of course, semi-finals is becoming harder and harder to make... and the corps in semi-finals are getting better and better. There are a lot of corps that would be happy to make semi-finals.

I only saw their show at Night of Magic, so I don't have much of a frame of reference to compare them to other div I corps, but they are lightyears ahead of where they were this time last year. They had two weeks of everydays (and it rained about every day here in Central FL), then NOM and the Orlando show. I think it is too early to tell, but knowing the current staff and where they were at this time last year, I think they will do much better this year.

It's true that The Magic are light years ahead of last year, but they still seem stuck in 1st gear while most other corps are in Second or Third. This could be because the corps is one or two weeks behind everyone else in tour. The Magic has room to grow, but I really dont see them jumping past 17th or 18th this year, the show just doesn't have any GE potential in the music at all.

Just my opinion.

I have a slightly off topic question.

I noticed that The Magic of Orlando is going by "The Magic" now.

Is that a recent thing?

Are they thinking of leaving Orlando or Florida?

Is there any chance that they are thinking of pulling what The Cadets of Bergen County did(changed their name to "The Cadets")?

It's been there name for some time now.. I'd say bout Januaray, February.

and no, I don't think they are leaving any time soon.

~>conner

I believe (from a thread a while back) that the major reason for dropping "of orlando" was b/c with association tied to only one town it is/was hard to drum up support from other areas of Florida.

Which makes perfect sense. :)

Although I'm still terribly bothered by "the magic" :shudders: