The Relative Spreads Standings

I merely make my statement to point out that such things can not be determined by a 'formula'...unless of course the judging fraternity has already decided who is going to finish where and they just need a 'formula' to determine 'appropriate' point spreads that the fans will accept.

I understand what you are saying, but this formula is not used for predicting what will happen at the end of the season. It is merely used to find a common denominator in which to compare scores from different shows at a certain point in time. The only thing that tends to remain relevant with scores is the point spreads between corps and that is what this uses. Once a big show comes along where all corps meet it is interesting to see how accurate this calculation is showing how the corps stack up going into a focus show and then seeing exactly where they place in the show. It is usually close to accurate but with the corps who are neck and neck the movement from day to day is not really predicatable (like Crown and Boston right now).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasting time to make a post like this means you have way too much time on your hands.  Appreciate what the kids are doing on the field, not some number given to them after they perform.

J

I think the original poster as well as others reading this thread DO appreciate what the kids are doing....however for me...drum corps is a competitive activity...thats what makes it exciting and in my mind makes this thread very relevant.

The BC has not yet cracked the top five this season, correct?

Edited by Cop

Updated Standings based on July 3rd show results.

The BC has not yet cracked the top five this season, correct?

Yes they have. They were in 4th for a bit.

Yes they have.  They were in 4th for a bit.

I think when he wrote BC he was referring to boston not bluecoats since there was a little Boston discussion going on and if so his statement was accurate boston has yet to beat glassmen and only once beat Crown so based on that they haven't even reached top 8 yet (relatively)

Thanks for the rankings, I always find these very interesting. Although a formula was used, I find BD's placement a little low.

Have you ever looked at Phantom Phan's rankings on soundmachine.org? Its interesting to compare the two.

can i get a II/III version on this ranking maybe? thanks much!

I really have no desire to track the II/III rankings (and I know that I should but it just doesn't interest me) but if you'd like me to send you the spreadsheet and you modify it to track div II/III let me know.

Thanks for the rankings, I always find these very interesting.  Although a formula was used, I find BD's placement a little low.

Have you ever looked at Phantom Phan's rankings on soundmachine.org?  Its interesting to compare the two.

Well on the BD score since they haven't competed in DCI in a while and this calculation averages not only comparative scores but also their latest score the fact that their latest score is a 76 something and SCV hasn't been scoring very high it is keeping BD down somewhat. Once they come back into the US their score will move accordingly.

I haven't seen the soundmachine rankings, could you send me a link?