what ever happen to tradition and honor

i just found out tha spirit of atlanta( now of jsu) doesnt have a founder still working with them. theres more to being a drum corp director than just adding it to your resume. freddy martin was not only the heart of spirit but its soul too

and without that it will never be the real spirit the sound of the mello line coming over the sops and the way you could here the overtones is what made this corps

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

180px-Fullhousecast87.jpg

What ever happened to predictability?

The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV!

Everywhere you look , everywhere you go (there's a heart).

There's a heart...

A hand to hold onto.

Everywhere you look , everywhere you go!

There's a face...of somebody who needs you.

Eveywhere you look,

When you're lost out there and you're all alone...

A light is waiting to carry you home...

Everywhere you look!

Everywhere you look!

corps_sq_spirit.jpg + cocky_Music_logo_sm.gif = dog_dontknow.jpg

:P

That is one that that is really nice about Pioneer. Roman (founder) is still there, keeping the corps true to itself :) It was nice to have someone around that knew everything about where the corps had been and also where it is planning to go.

bawker, you always seem to have something funny at the right moments! Thank you for making me laugh on the horrible day I have been having!

Glad I could help...god knows my day is pretty crappy! Hope your day gets better. :worthy:

That is one that that is really nice about Pioneer. Roman (founder) is still there, keeping the corps true to itself :) It was nice to have someone around that knew everything about where the corps had been and also where it is planning to go.

im glad that you understand, my point was that most corps try to keep former

marchers on as staff to pass traditions, plus understanding where the drum corps came from why it played the types of music it did and all the heartaches that happened over the early years, why do you have certain awwards what does the colors mean , and so on its true the troopers have new directors but they have kept their tradition listen to their music and it shows