11 1/2 Minutes: A Drum Corps Story

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadline's probably passed, but who cares. Only 150 words, what a challenge. Most of us could write a book of things we remember and four books of things we've forgotten.

The images from my age-out performance are a combination of blur and starkly clear snapshots that are burned perfectly in my memory forever. I knew every second of that performance was ticking down to the end of my time. I was so high on it I was floating; at the same time I was hyper-aware of those around me, my memories of them, my memories of corps, my regrets and wishes and wants and hopes and dreams. It was all rushing by; I couldn't stop it. It was the most joyous time--yet the most heartbreaking.

The years after went slowly at first; now too quick. I look into the faces of those lucky enough to be the "rock stars" now and have to be content knowing that once upon a time, I ruled the world. We share something they won’t fully understand until their time is over too.

Sorry - was supposed to be Friday, will instead be tomorrow.  :)

Thanks!

Mike

We all understand that you are very busy running this fantastic site and all(does sucking up get any brownie points? :P )

But we are all sitting here with baited breath wondering-Is this going to end!?

We all understand that you are very busy running this fantastic site and all(does sucking up get any brownie points? :P )

But we are all sitting here with baited breath wondering-Is this going to end!?

Gee Mr. Brady, you have such a way with words!!!!! :beer:

By the way, how are Carol and the kids, Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby and Cindy ???? :P j/k

Edited by ODBC

Gee Mr. Brady, you have such a way with words!!!!!    :beer:

Bt the way, how are Carol and the kids, Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby and Cindy ????    :P  j/k

Canadian Humor......................SHEEEEESH!

OH! HI ROB!! WHAT'S UP!?!?

Canadian Humor......................SHEEEEESH!

OH! HI ROB!! WHAT'S UP!?!?

It was an AMERICAN TV SHOW.......SHEEEEESH !!!! :beer:

Hey, by the way MikeN, who won the story contest anyway....enquiring minds want to know !!

Edited by ODBC

I don't think mine is as good as the other ones, but I wanted to post it anyways.

(mike, this is the same one I sent you... no changes)

I am nothing more than a drum corps fan right now. Does that make drum corps less impactive on me? No. I get alot of trash in DCP for my age.. Some people think I get in farther than I can climb out. I don't care. I constantly think about not posting stuff on DCP, but I think my opinion should be valued. I haven't even been a fan for a year yet... I try not to tell people that, but sometimes it happens. This is what drum corps has taught me. I haven't even marched yet, but before I became a fan, I was a person who never voiced my opinions. Now I do. I don't care if I win this contest, I just want my voice to be heard. Drum corps has taught me something school cant. How to be a person, not a part of a crowd.

~>conner

Hey Conner. I think there are alot of people on DCP who respect your opinions. At least there is one.

I wish that more people shared your views on what drum corps stands for and truly think that you, my friend, are a true indication of the heart in drum corps. I hope that you are as mature musically as you are intelectually 'cause any corps would be blessed with your leadership potential.

Regards,

Stephen

p.s. i'm rooting for you to win the contest.

I guess he got alot of entries... taking his time picking out the winner(s).

~>conner