July 31 Massillon Ohio Show -- HOT!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(About to ask a dumb question)

Okay, so I'm planning on going to the Massilon show...but I don't know when to get there...(this'll be my first Live DCI show...)

just wonderin when the show starts...

(The show's website doesn't have alot of info about it)

First corps steps off at 7PM..... gates open at 5:30PM. If you don't have tickets, I'd get there by 5PM so you don't get stuck sitting in the end zone. They've already sold all seats out to the 15 yd. lines on concert side with the exception of some single seats on the 20 to 25 yd. lines.

If you have tickets, I would plan on getting there no later then 6PM. It'll take you about 10 minutes to get from the parking lot, and finally to your seats.

If you need quick driving directions, and I assume your coming from North Royalton area..... Take Rt. 94 to Rt. 18--follow Rt. 18 East towards Akron / Fairlawn area... Get on to Rt. 77 South... When getting on Rt. 77 South STAY in the right two lanes, and follow Rt. 21 towards Massillon.

You'll drive about 20 minutes once you're on Rt. 21... Follow Rt. 21 into Massillon, and look for Rt. 172/Lillian Gish Blvd. (Stop light)--Take a LEFT on Rt. 172...round the curve.... which will keep you on Rt. 172 (turns into Lincoln Way)--Follow through downtown Massillon until you go up a hill out of the main city...then down a hill to a light..... You'll see a sign just before the light telling you Paul Brown Tiger Stadium is a right at that light.... Once you turn right at that light... you'll see the stadium and know what to do!!

:)

Edited by victorcoly

I'll be there and I CAN'T WAIT!!! This is the sweetest lineup EVER!!! Hey Vic, thanks for the directions. The Mapquest directions are always wrong!

I'll be on the 50 yardline in row V for whoever wants to know. I'll be BLOOOOOing the loudest!!!

Ima definetly be there, awesome line-up. Still gotta get my tickets though. Columbus looks sweet also the very next day which is only a 10 minute drive for me. Cant wait to see some great corps!

T Minus 81 and-a-half hours and counting!!!!!!!!

First corps steps off at 7PM..... gates open at 5:30PM.    If you don't have tickets, I'd get there by 5PM so you don't get stuck sitting in  the end zone.  They've already sold all seats out to the 15 yd. lines on concert side with the exception of some single seats on the 20 to 25 yd. lines.

If you have tickets, I would plan on getting there no later then 6PM.  It'll take you about 10 minutes to get from the parking lot, and finally to your seats.

If you need quick driving directions, and I assume your coming from North Royalton area..... Take Rt. 94 to Rt. 18--follow Rt. 18 East towards Akron / Fairlawn area... Get on to Rt. 77 South... When getting on Rt. 77 South STAY in the right two lanes, and follow Rt. 21 towards Massillon.

You'll drive about 20 minutes once you're on Rt. 21... Follow Rt. 21 into Massillon, and look for Rt. 172/Lillian Gish Blvd. (Stop light)--Take a LEFT on Rt. 172...round the curve.... which will keep you on Rt. 172 (turns into Lincoln Way)--Follow through downtown Massillon until you go up a hill out of the main city...then down a hill to a light..... You'll see a sign just before the light telling you Paul Brown Tiger Stadium is a right at that light.... Once you turn right at that light... you'll see the stadium and know what to do!!

I'm going to make one edit to the directions.

From North Royalton, drive over to Broadview Road (Rt. 176). Turn RIGHT on Broadview and take that into Richfield. You can get on I-77 there and save yourself some time and gas.

If you prefer the scenic route, though, then Rt. 94 is for you. :D

Now, if only I had the chance to make the drive down to Massillon... :(

Thanks a bunch!

single seats in the 20's eh...maybe if I get lucky I can find two seats a little closer to the center.

Get there early enough and you'll find people selling off tickets they don't need.

I got a great seat inside the 40s one year just by standing in the ticket line by myself. Guy came up and said he had an extra ticket he wanted to get rid of, sold it for face value. Great seat, especially with that overhang to trap all the sound.

The crowd is ALL OVER Bluecoats when they perform, too. Gotta love the home show. :D

Hey Vic, thanks for the directions.  The Mapquest directions are always wrong!

I still can't believe you have trouble finding the place. I followed the Mapquest directions last year and I was fine. You sure you're not drunk? :worthy::worthy:

I still can't believe you have trouble finding the place. I followed the Mapquest directions last year and I was fine. You sure you're not drunk? :worthy:  :worthy:

SERIOUSLY!!! Maybe it's only if you're coming from the north, but I tried to use the Mapquest directions for the past two years and they're always wrong!! They tell me to get off OH 21 onto a road that doesn't exist!

And yes I AM drunk, but that has nothing to do with it!! :worthy: :mmm: :lolhit: