• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Rondinaro.

Brandt Crocker? 

----------------------

very good choices.

also

MOE KNOX - I remember being a small 9 year old on the field and MOe Know was there snapping pictures and selling them at srum corps shows , color guard shows , whatever.

Steve Vickers- been a main stay at DCW since day 1.

all 4 deserve consideration.

ALAN CHEZ

Drum corps geek

1967-2005

very good choices.

also

MOE KNOX - I remember being a small 9 year old on the field and MOe Know was there snapping pictures and selling them at srum corps shows , color guard shows , whatever.

Steve Vickers- been a main stay at DCW since day 1.

all 4 deserve consideration.

ALAN CHEZ

Drum corps geek

1967-2005

Al - Seeing your name reminded me of another good pick: Robbie Robinson Sr.

Ok..... Looking at the past DCI HOF inductees, there were years in the 90's where they inducted ten or more.....

SO... I propose the following list of nominees for 2006 induction. I'll spearhead the letter writing / nominating campaign if some want to help:

-- Steve Vickers: Founder and Publisher Drum Corps World

-- Steve Rondinaro: The face/voice of PBS and DCI broadcasts/videos/DVD's for over 25 years.

-- Moe Knox: Photographer extraordinaire. Many photos of past champions published in many DCI and other medium publications.

-- Brandt Crocker: The "Stedium Voice" of many DCI Finals competitions.

-- Harold "Robbie" Robinson: Long time director, Crossmen D & B Corps

-- Sal Salas: Long time designer, choreographer. Current director Madison Scounts.

-- Theodore "Ted" Swaldo: Long time Exec. Director/ Business Manager Bluecoats D & B Corps. Responsible for "resurrecting" the corps from virtual extinction in 1983.

-- Jimmy Centorino: Reknown soloist for Boston Crusaders, Matadors. Now professional recording artist.

-- Al Chez: Reknown soloist, Garfield Cadets, Crossmen D & B Corps. Professional recording / performing artist.

How's that for a mix of the "old" and "new?"

:)

Ok..... Looking at the past DCI HOF inductees, there were years in the 90's where they inducted ten or more.....

SO... I propose the following list of nominees for 2006 induction.  I'll spearhead the letter writing / nominating campaign if some want to help:

-- Steve Vickers:  Founder and Publisher Drum Corps World

-- Steve Rondinaro: The face/voice of PBS and DCI broadcasts/videos/DVD's for over 25 years.

--  Moe Knox: Photographer extraordinaire.  Many photos of past champions published in many DCI and other medium publications.

--  Brandt Crocker:  The "Stedium Voice" of many DCI Finals competitions.

--  Harold "Robbie" Robinson:  Long time director, Crossmen D & B Corps

--  Sal Salas:  Long time designer, choreographer.  Current director Madison Scounts.

--  Theodore "Ted" Swaldo: Long time Exec. Director/ Business Manager Bluecoats D & B Corps.  Responsible for "resurrecting" the corps from virtual extinction in 1983.

--  Jimmy Centorino:  Reknown soloist for Boston Crusaders, Matadors.  Now professional recording artist.

--  Al Chez:  Reknown soloist, Garfield Cadets, Crossmen D & B Corps.  Professional recording / performing artist.

How's that for a mix of the "old" and "new?"

:)

OOPS... I forgot one.... Frank Pamper

Totally agreed......Rondo definitely belongs in the Hall of Fame.  While we are at it, legendary corps photographer Moe Knox, and legendary audio engineer of DCI Championships Ken Kobold also are deserving.

Kobold is already in.

Steve Vickers is not (let's rectify that already!).

Anyone checking on the others?

Bill Cook ...

think about it ... really think about it ...

... our family has had the honor of meeting many, many wonderful people through our years with drum corps ... from George Z to Michael C to ... dagnabbit ... so many, many caring, knowing and committed people in this thing we call Drum Corps ... but please ...

Bill Cook

Thank you!

Marilyn