DCI Hall of Fame

Funny you should mention Fran, but there are also other worthy folks for whom no applications have been either requested or submitted. The one thing I've learned is that good meaning folks who feel that a worthy candidate should be named also think that someone else may have submitted them for consideration. Ultimately I find either that no submission has been received or we may have one on record that is incomplete. The latter we can handle. The former we have no control over.

If there is anyone out there who can either fill out a form or who can download a form and send it to a candidate, please do so. We can't act if we don't have the info.

I guess with any Hall of Fame endeavor, there are always going to be names that are left out... at least for a while. I wonder why Wes Hobby and H. Worth Ake are not yet in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame.... and I'm sure everyone else can think of someone deserving who should be in whatever Hall, but isn't, yet.

Fran

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is anyone out there who can either fill out a form or who can download a form and send it to a candidate, please do so. We can't act if we don't have the info.

I guess with any Hall of Fame endeavor, there are always going to be names that are left out... at least for a while. I wonder why Wes Hobby and H. Worth Ake are not yet in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame.... and I'm sure everyone else can think of someone deserving who should be in whatever Hall, but isn't, yet.

Fran

I believe Dr. Dave K. is in charge of facilitating the Hall of Fame.....

Funny you should mention Fran, but there are also other worthy folks for whom no applications have been either requested or submitted. The one thing I've learned is that good meaning folks who feel that a worthy candidate should be named also think that someone else may have submitted them for consideration. Ultimately I find either that no submission has been received or we may have one on record that is incomplete. The latter we can handle. The former we have no control over.

Good points, Jim....... I'm as much at fault as anyone for not putting Wes' name and Mr. Ake's name before the WDHOF committee. That is something I need to get to work on.

Fran

H. Worth will be inducted as soon as they can find 65H, 24D, 30F, 16R, and 3DM. :beer:

True dat, Wayne.... was Mr. Ake one of a kind, or what?

He was an outstanding writer for drum corps publications..... loved his straightforward "just the facts, m'aam" style. He also was a #### good PA announcer, and was a major supporter of local drum corps circuits, particularly the Garden State Circuit in NJ.

I miss him. Great man.

Fran

Brandt Crocker's voice - The number one reason why the United States should legalize human cloning.

But, I will support Mike Boo for his wonderful work on tambourine! B)

I'm hoping to do the Cavaliers' alumni corps project in 2008. I did have a tambourine on the xylophone in 1976. Perhaps we could arrange this again just to bring a little excitement into dozens of lives that can use a little excitement?

• 2 months later...
-- Denise Bonfilgio: Color Guard designer, 27th Lancers.

As I said, I'll start the campaign....anyone else want to jump in as well??

I agree with all that you mentioned above.

I spoke to Denise about the HOF at one point. She had just been honored by WGI with I believe the "Laurel Wreath" and she was quite happy with that. I still believe she deserves to be in the HOF.

I used to call it the Hall of Shame (so few women), then Peggy was inducted and I know things will be looking up.