The Loudest Crowd Response ....

Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?

• 1992 - The VK Shark
    • 1995 - The end of Madison's "A Drum Corps Fans Dream"
    • 1997 - The end of Madison's "Pirates of Lake Mendota"
    • 2002 - Cavaliers "Fight Club"
    • 2003 - The End of Phantom's Harmonic Journey (and FINALLY ending on a resolving chord)

I've been posting here at DCP since 2002...shortly after it was born. I've noticed, in those years, there seems to be some discrepancy over who can lay claim to as having the loudest crowd response in (semi-modern/post tick system) DCI history.

So....have at it!

Well......I would throw Madison 1999 in as well.......that was a looong (Really cool) standing ovation.

Triple Forte

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homes...did y'all not march any euphs? We had 4 beginning in 81.

Steve, I want to say we did but I honestly don't recall. I do remember that there were 16 raw-meat-eating-baritone-honkin guys on the other side of the horn arc that are probably responsible for some of the high frequency hearing loss I have today.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet 'The Other Snapettes Minature Pony Drill Team' from Redwood City, CA.

1972 The Redwood City California Forth of the July Parade, Over 100,000 horses passed the reviewing stand that day. The ponies who prance step in 100 member company front sqeeze down mainstreet and pulled a full corps pinwheel with amazing percision. Even though they stand barely 7 inchs tall the glittering sequence on their saddles have been known to cause siezures as they pinwheel at blinding speeds.

The parade may have not been DCI finals but the crowd went nuts for what seemed eternity. The home town fans were the best.

Mom

I certainly agree with 2-7th's alumni corps. I also agree with Madison. But knowing how many people talked about it for so many years and knowing guys on the field, I am surprised more people haven't mentioned The Step Over the Cavaliers did. It was deafening. Of course, maybe half the people on DCP weren't even born yet. :)