Anti Ampers unite! Does the movement have legs

Give Hoppy and sax, a mic and an amp and let him go play with himself-no boundaries!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but let me ask you this....why in the #### should i pay those pirces to sit thru something that makes me want to vomit?

You shouldn't. That's the beauty of America - freedom of choice. You should not have to pay to vomit! ^0^ :P

I guess now we just have to tell people the only way to be rid of them is to stop going to shows period.

Whenever I try to not go near drum corps shows, I always end up regretting it.

Noting that, I think amps are pretty silly. I've not been impressed once with their use. I don't anticipate that changing, but really, drum corps will do whatever it's going to do. I don't have any say about it. Silly amps and corps that are obsessed with making the activity into something new and different and exciting, when I thought it was all three without any of the changes, won't stop me from coming to shows, but that doesn't mean I like this so-called innovation.

It means I want to see Regiment and some other corps I'm quite fond of, and when I've seen what I want to see, I'll leave. DCI can keep its scores, for instance. If I see a show coming up I don't like, I don't watch it. Drum corps, cafeteria-style.

I will say this: the less a corps looks and sounds like a corps, the more likely I'll ignore their souvie truck.

Give Hoppy and sax, a mic and an amp and let him go play with himself-no boundaries!

I would watch him performing selected works by Mr. Barry Manilow. No foolin. I'd pay a couple of bucks to see it.

LOL! Hey! that's my team!

yeah but it is his to

I would watch him performing selected works by Mr. Barry Manilow.  No foolin.  I'd pay a couple of bucks to see it.

go ahead

You shouldn't.  That's the beauty of America - freedom of choice.  You should not have to pay to vomit!  ^0^  :P

i shouldnt have to vomit at a drum corps show unless its from bad food or bad beer

Guest DrumCorpFan
Please don't say that.

Last year the amps were very controversal.  Many people in the audience (including me) scoffed at what some of the corps were doing.  This year my beloved Bluecoats are doing a bit of amped stuff.  You have every right not to like it, and I support that right.

But it's still our beloved Summer Music Games!!!  It is still officially the BEST marching music performance on the planet Earth.  To start encouraging people not to go to shows is the worst, most selfish thing I've ever seen!  The shows are still AMAZING and entertaining.  And those kids are working harder than ever to perform shows that they/we love, many of whom I marched with.

Hey, guess what Jeffsnewjetta!  If you stop going to shows and encourage others to do the same, you're hurting the non-amped corps too!  Did you ever think of that?

Whether you like or hate amplification, here's what you SHOULD be doing:  Going to as many shows as you can and dragging people with you that have never seen a show.  That's what I'm doing.

I want to see a huge crowd at finals this year, and every year after that!  Stop this foolishness. <**>

When did any anti-amp person tell someone else that they should not go to shows? I have never seen this. Many have said that they, themselves will not be going to anymore shows, but not telling people who want to go to stay home. Jeff's comment is somewhat tongue in cheek because anyone who likes amps, or doesn't care either way is going anyway. I can assure you, he is not grabbing people in the parking lot and saying, "noooooo, you can't go in there." Only the people who don't want to go, will not go.

Here's what you SHOULD do: If you are entertained, go to the shows, but don't tell someone else what to do. You want to bring newbies to shows who willingly want to come, great, but don't drag people there against their wills. There were huge crowds at finals during the '80s and small ones during the '90s. There has been a slight up turn over the past couple of years, but since DCI is so willing to dispense with the legacy fans and replace them with a theoretical myriad of MTV generation band members, I don't see large increases anytime soon.

Edited by DrumCorpFan

You shouldn't.  That's the beauty of America - freedom of choice.  You should not have to pay to vomit!  ^0^  :P

i shouldnt have to vomit at a drum corps show unless its from bad food or bad beer