Anti Ampers unite! Does the movement have legs

I have a suggestion. Why don't we post several versions of an anti-amp/anti-narration/fan-friendly line-up? Then we could list them in a poll for 2 or 3 days. Then the poll-winning line-up could be used so that we would not split up our votes.

For example:

Poll:

1) LancerFi's lineup

2) denverjohn's lineup

3) sexyguardcap's lineup

(I don't know how to do the poll thing but maybe someone else could take on this job in a day or 2, so everyone has time to suggest a lineup and then vote on one of those)

Here's my suggestion:

1st) Blue Devils

2nd) The Cadets

3rd) Bluecoats

4th) Boston Crusaders

5th) Carolina Crown

6th) Cavaliers

7th) Madison Scouts

8th) Phantom Regiment

That sounds like a great idea! Check phantom though. They do have amps.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're focusing on narration this year and since everyone is amped anyways, it seems, it would make the most sense to vote for the corps using narration (BD, Cadets, Bluecoats) 1, 2, 3 in that order.

That is, once the voting window actually starts coming up...

Edited by Galen

Amps are a done deal for now. But, If you get punched in the face are you going to stand there and cry or are you going to fight back? It's 7: something am in San Antonio. I was just talking to a bunch of DCI people, mostly advance staff a few judges. I hear SCV will make Murfreesboro. Lets see how that plays out. It could be just wishful thinking on their part. Or a plan. Enough with the DCI is fixed talk. :P  Any way workout. breakfast. Drum Corps! BTW. I couldn't wear my AMP YOUR UDU shirt. too small,tootight. might get arrested.

we did punch back...and were pretty much ignored. thats the problem.

Thanks for representing all of us against electronics. 

George Hopkins did not give up after one or two attempts, but I understand it’s hard for regular people to match the fanaticism of a megalomaniac.  That’s been true throughout history.  We must always meet their undying ambition to frame the world to their image, with group support and grassroots activity.

I will continue to sign the petition every year I must.  I will vote for the biggest electronics abusers to go last.  I’ll wear “unplugged” t-shirts and I will put money in the gas fund for every corps not using amps.

Will it be enough?  It doesn’t matter.  This isn’t about winning or losing, it’s about fighting for something you love.

the problem is they dont care if you leave, they feel there's 30,000 band kids dying to get into the shows now and us old ####s are hogging up all the seats.

Using the competing order vote to express your displeasure with Amps will only go so far; same goes with the petition.  Instead, someone needs to start a MAJOR letter writing campaign online - you know, something that someone can sign online, but that is then sent out on their behalf.  It could be an e-mail campaign to save money.  The final letters need to go to both DCI HQ and all the major "Board of Directors" corps that are using amps.  The letter should not only mention displeasure with amps, but also with electronics and ESPECIALLY woodwinds, etc.  And I think there needs to be a major threat of boycott, as sad as that is.

I strongly believe this, and only this, will turn this around. While petition signatures are significant, nothing gets someones attention like THOUSANDS of letters/e-mail from irate customers to make someone change their minds about their current direction, be it about politics, business, or in this instance, entertainment.

actually there have been many letters written and we're on petition #2.

at this stage all that counts is $$$. if enough people walk away and it hits em in the wallet, only then will they succeed.

I am serious about this. Really if you keep going, that to them means you approve.

wow are you all still thinking you can do something about amps?  :worthy:

when are you going to give it up already...

I don't know if this question was directed at me but, I started the topic, so I'll answer it.

I am not against amplification as much as I am against Narration and amplified singing and chanting durring a drum corps show.

I think the Cadets have it right almost. They give their narration during the warm up. I think that's OK. ( I perfer none though) But, they also have amped drum speak.

The Devils talk durring the whole show.

Maybe a narration rule. Something like. Only durring warm up.

wow are you all still thinking you can do something about amps?  :worthy:

when are you going to give it up already...

ah yes, the no one can dissent approach. that always works so well

ah yes, the no one can dissent approach. that always works so well

Jeff - with all due respect -

Dissent is one thing, and I know of no one who begrudges dissenting opinions, but chronic sour grapes complaining is quite another thing entirely - and frankly, it gets old fairly quick.

Now before you think that I am making this comment to you personally - I'm not. My comment goes beyond the specific "you", the issue itself and even drum corps. I meant this globally - whatever the subject or issue. :worthy:

Respectfully,

Michael

Dissent is one thing, and I know of no one who begrudges dissenting opinions, but chronic sour grapes complaining is quite another thing entirely - and frankly, it gets old fairly quick.

So when Hoppy comes back year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year with the same issue it is persistance but when anti people try for a second year it is sour grapes?

Thank you for the clarification. I will write it down somewhere so I do not forget.