ECJ vs. Spartans!

Wow, didn't mean to start a fight on here asking about the penalty.  I may be naive, but in the 5 years I've been around Drum Corps with my kids I've never heard of this penalty. 

I hope those on here do not let this cloud their judgment and will not judge the kids based on this.

CM

CorpsMom13,

I also did not mean to start a fight.

I think ALL the kids are magnificent.

We're all one big community of hard-working volunteers, and it's more fun when folks are kind towards each other. Let the competition be on the field.

I, for one, will work hard on THAT.

To quote Jessica Rabbit, "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way".

Regarding the penalty (one last time)....

I know at least one other corps that had to move it's warmup spot at least twice in order to conform to the host site's requirements.

My understanding was that Spartans chose to ignore this (or maybe didn't react quickly enough), and thus the penalty. If I'm wrong about this, it won't be the first time :beer:

Carry on, soldiers.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I must agree with Lizz. The Spartans did not cover themselves in glory on Saturday. The behavior of ther staff after the show was not one of their proudest moments. Screaming & yellling not only at the DCI guy, but also each other.

Controversy nonetheless (seems like there always is when 2 corps battle it out all Summer) the 2 groups (Spartans & ECJ) have clearly distanced themselves from the rest of the Div 2 pack. Don't be surprised top see Surf push hard to the Atlantic Division trifecta.

"Clearly distanced themselves"?

01 - 84.90 - East Coast Jazz

02 - 84.65 - Spartans

03 - 84.35 - Blue Stars

04 - 83.15 - Oregon Crusaders

1.75 point spread from 1st to 4th place. Doesn't look too clear to me.

Edited by Strutters '72

Nice try. Maybe if you took the Crusaders score from the same day ECJ & Spartans scored in the 84's.....Oregon had a 77.4. Blue Stars were in a DCM show and were judged by farmers so they had no score.

01  - 84.90  - East Coast Jazz

02  - 84.65  - Spartans

03  - 84.35  - Blue Stars

04  - 83.15  - Oregon Crusaders

Blue Stars were in a DCM show and were judged by farmers so they had no score.

Farmers huh?

Wow, didn't mean to start a fight on here asking about the penalty.  I may be naive, but in the 5 years I've been around Drum Corps with my kids I've never heard of this penalty. 

I hope those on here do not let this cloud their judgment and will not judge the kids based on this.

CM

It's happend before.

I just made this thread to congratulate the ECJ drumcorps. I didn't mean for it to be a thread to discuss penaltys, and to eventually begin to bash on corps.

the Spartans score is very admirable, and nothing to be ashamed of.

there is no such thing as "losing" to a corps. It's called being outscored.

that being said, the Spartans were outscored by a VERY good corps, this much is obvious. I have friends at both corps, and I want to congratulate them all on a great season so far.

~>conner

Nice try. Maybe if you took the Crusaders score from the same day ECJ & Spartans scored in the 84's.....Oregon had a 77.4. Blue Stars were in a DCM show and were judged by farmers so they had no score.

The scores I quoted for the Blue Stars and the OC were from a DCI sanctioned show in Chippewa Falls, WI -- July 26, 2005.

And what exactly do you mean, "judged by farmers"? Must be that east coast "pride" mentioned earlier in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, clearly

Div 2 prelims as evidence

ECJ & Spartans 94

Blue Stars 92

Fever 90

all the rest falied to even break a 90

as I said before, the real battle is for 5-9

01  - 84.90  - East Coast Jazz

02  - 84.65  - Spartans

03  - 84.35  - Blue Stars

04  - 83.15  - Oregon Crusaders

Yes, clearly

ECJ & Spartans 94

Blue Stars 92

Fever 90

That's funny. You have been waiting two weeks to post that dig. Let's see what happens on Thursday and Saturday before declaring a two corps race. I believe the gap between 1 and 3 will close during the week.

Yes, clearly

ECJ & Spartans 94

Blue Stars 92

Fever 90

On Sunday night, the following corps scored as follows;

East Coast Jazz 91.900

Teal Sound 90.450

Impulse 90.200

Oregon Crusaders 90.150

Blue Stars 89.650

Fever 89.075

Jersey Surf 87.45

Memphis Sound 87.100

For the last two weeks, no corps had "clearly distanced themselves" from the rest of the group.

I'm a little puzzled by the point spread between the top eight corps at this mornings prelims, considering how close these groups have been all season.

From my observations of past championships, there will be little or no change in the placements from the prelims to the finals and grand finals. It appears that the judges have NOW clearly indicated who's going to be on the podium for the Division II championships.

Or maybe not............ :beer: