SCV Trivia

SCV Trivia Question:

Since 1972, is the 2005 San Antonio 9th place finish the lowest placement by SCV at a DCI show?

Though Corpsreps isn't completely comprehensive, it's pretty darn close. According to their score archive, SCV's lowest placement at any given show since '72 are two 8th place finishes at '92 quarterfinals and semifinals. This would make San Antonio's 9th place finish their lowest placement in the DCI-era. I could be wrong, since this was my only point of reference. Anyone have a more definite answer?

Madison went from 1st in 88 to 9th in 89, so that is an 8pt drop also.

Well, the largest single drop is probably 27th, going from 7th to 20th in 1974. Talk about an aberration, though, as they climbed back up to 4th the following year.

Madison went from 1st in 88 to 9th in 89, so that is an 8pt drop also.

7th in '89....9th in '90

I stand corrected. :)

Wow, so I suppose they win the biggest jump in a single year too.

Nope. Spirit of Atlanta went from 23rd in 1977 to 6th in 1978. 17 places. and Blue Devils went from 24th in 1973 to 9th in 1974. 15 places, one less than 27th's rebound.

Anaheim Kingsmen went from 3rd in 1974 to inactive in 1975. That's a pretty significant drop.

Garry

The Kilties dropped from 7th in 1975 to 28th in 1976. They jumpedback to 10th in 1977. So, they had a drop of 21 places and a jump of 18 places all in a three year period.