cadets penalty in SA?

forgive me if it has been asked/discussed previously, but the recaps from the evening show in SA report that the cadets had a 0.1 penalty...does anyone know what this was given for?

real speculations:

the flying start/timing

too much time getting on/off the field

the door (wheels, etc)

other equipment infraction

the silly:

the front-field DM not saluting (i know, the back-field one does) :beer:

tony dicarlo waiting anxiously for a peek at the school-girl uniforms and forgetting to time the show :beer: (just kidding tony!!!)

the guard wearing old-navy hoodies :huh::huh:

the not-so-bjork-like interpretation of bjork :P

the illegal use of two-sided effects-heavy uniforms :P

OR maybe they were penalized for confusing the judges by totally rocking their show!!!! ^0^ :huh: ^0^

i'm telling ya, i haven't been big on the cadets' total package the last decade (00, 98, 97, 95 are the exceptions that i like), but after seeing them in louisville and hearing this APD from SA, i LOVE it!

:beer: EAST! :lol:

see you all in m-boro!

-DM|MD

my guess is over time, it's happened a couple times to them this season. just a guess though.

I'm pretty sure it's for going over the time limit too. I bought the audio and they were about 10 seconds over. I think they've been over at just about every show, so it looks like they'll have to keep speeding up those tempos. :P

I'm pretty sure it's for going over the time limit too. I bought the audio and they were about 10 seconds over. I think they've been over at just about every show, so it looks like they'll have to keep speeding up those tempos.  :P

At this point, I see two options for them:

Either use the "sign" again (ie: "No flying start tonight due to 0.1 penalty), or else say "screw it" and take the penalty anyway, ala BD '82.

At this point, I see two options for them:

Either use the "sign" again (ie: "No flying start tonight due to 0.1 penalty), or else say "screw it" and take the penalty anyway, ala BD '82.

My son is in the Cavies Pit and he said the penalty was because their pit did not clear out (get past the 30) in enough time. It caused them to have to rush their set up a bit. He said it happened earlier this year when they marched the same night.

Cool that it was nothing major. So without the penalty the difference between the two corps is only .5 right?

My son is in the Cavies Pit and he said the penalty was because their pit did not clear out (get past the 30) in enough time.  It caused them to have to rush their set up a bit. He said it happened earlier this year when they marched the same night.

Thanks for the info.

Now that I think of it, I bet that problem could be solved by leaving the amps on the truck.

Less pit stuff to haul around=faster setup and teardown times B)

My son is in the Cavies Pit and he said the penalty was because their pit did not clear out (get past the 30) in enough time.  It caused them to have to rush their set up a bit. He said it happened earlier this year when they marched the same night.

I noticed that the school girl with the suitcase went off the field in the opposite direction of the rest of the corps trying to find where to place her case in the pit tunnel. Could that be the reason? I saw more than 1 pit take what seemed forever to get out of the way, and I think 1 took even longer than the Cadets.