Satallite Radio for drum corps

Now that the DCI quarterfinal theater experience is successful and we all hope that ESPN will begin to flourish the activity to new media heights. What about satallite radio. Is it possible we will hear the sounds of Phantom, SCV, COLTS or BD during our morning commute??? :worthy:

What would be some of the personalities that could host a show??? Steve Rondinaro strikes me as a good one. Anyone else???

Ron Allard. :D

For a serious recommendation, Dan Potter. He has radio broadcast experience (currently hosts a morning show in Dallas, in fact, on top of the DCI Field Pass program) and has PLENTY of drum corps background on top of that.

Aren't we all forgetting about Kurt Gowdy..... b**bs ......who can forget some of his finest moments....

following a HUGE ovation, an understated Gowdy comments...."and the crowd liked them"

calling Regiment "The Phantoms"

trying to explain '93 Star....."well they've got a very.....well, Steve why don't you explain to the folks"

Ok, I've repressed most of them.....but my real favorite was watching Rondinaro always covering for Gowdy.....Steve always had this look on his face like he was afraid what would come out of Gowdy's mouth next....

Aren't we all forgetting about Kurt Gowdy..... b**bs ......who can forget some of his finest moments....

following a HUGE ovation, an understated Gowdy comments...."and the crowd liked them"

calling Regiment "The Phantoms"

trying to explain '93 Star....."well they've got a very.....well, Steve why don't you explain to the folks"

Ok, I've repressed most of them.....but my real favorite was watching Rondinaro always covering for Gowdy.....Steve always had this look on his face like he was afraid what would come out of Gowdy's mouth next....

How ridiculous was that. i mean I understand they wanted a big name but at least get someone who was somewhat familiar with the activity. Curt Gowdy was in a word "uneducated" on the drum corps experience. What other personalities do you think would translate well to a radio broadcast??

The bigger question is how much will you pay per month to have such a satellite station? If there's a demand, there will be a station.

$12.95 a month, just like the rest of my XM drug habit...I MEAN...subscription. :P

how would this work? would one have to obatin copyright from DCI in order to broadcast? I've always wondered this since I specifically pay for premium membership to live365.com just so I can listen to the drum corps station at work.