Season Pass working?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New reply from DCI

"We apologize for the audio on these videos. Due to audio stream technical difficulties we are unable to correct the orginal file. We ask you to sit back and enjoy the visual side of these performances."

B U N K!!!!

I'm a little bit disappointed but I know those guys are working hard to give us all these vids, video vignettes, etc. What I'm wondering is why is there only one set of photos for July??? I love looking at pics of corps rehearsing and stuff and was expecting much more that just one set of pictures per month. After all, I am paying $40!

Well all the videos are up, and I guess all are messed up. Seems that we won't get to see the good videos until after the show is done...if ever.

Hopefully this will be fixed by tommorrow becuase i'm all ready for Indy!

If the video is bad for Indy, I might just loose it!

I'm with you. I have no problem supporting DCI with my money. I WANT to help these corps/this organization. But failed promises and unmet expectations is no way to market this great product. Every time I find myself beginning to be satisfied with the coverage on Season pass they figure out a way to leave me disappointed. If they can't gain more consistency in their web-based coverage, they shouldn't be offering a premium product for a premium price. <**>

The mental block video vignettes are bad too, you can't hear the questions hardly at all. These guys have got to get a clue that they need to be higher quality than they are putting out. First impressions so far are not good...

New reply from DCI

"We apologize for the audio on these videos. Due to audio stream technical difficulties we are unable to correct the orginal file. We ask you to sit back and enjoy the visual side of these performances."

Bad excuse!!!! ^0^  ^0^  ^0^

And its not even fully the truth... its way more than the audio, the video portion has major skips in it as well, seems to jump at times from drill set to drill set.

I wonder what the real problem is? Is it they don't have the qualified people to run the technology or the technology itself? Sometimes that may be the case. Maybe it's their website technology...I don't know...just guessing out loud I guess. I run a website too and sometimes the server is the problem as well, or some things out of DCI's control.

But if you're that disappointed in the product just email them and let them know.

I didn't buy it cause I have the DVD's I want and I couldn't see myself buying that to sit in front of a computer to listen to snippets of a show. I thought they would provide a lot of the show for that price.

I will donate directly to the corps instead. :)

Edited by Lancerlady

Well Indy afternoon show is back to normal, they have the video clips up thru Troopers so far and they all seem to be working fine. They obviously had a prob in Murf that did not get solved in time. I just hoped they learned lessons from that (like test your audio setup before proceeding, connections, etc) that they are carrying forward to produce higher quality.

I don't know anything behind the scenes, but you've got to imagine it's pretty difficult to get a decent, stable connection to the outside world and then do a live broadcast. Then you have to pack up and go someplace else and do it all over again. You're also trying to do this on a weekend when there won't be any communications people at the local provider to help out (or even answer the phone).

I suppose they need those massive satellite trucks like the TV networks have, although it might cost a bit more than the subscription prices they're asking.

I hate suffering through glitches too, but I think it's a pretty good value considering the work involved.