Indy Scores

It could be.. but it's not. Watch the show and you'll figure it out. Great effort kids on a not so well designed show, by a staff that has slightly fallen apart... give them credit where credit is due.

I have seen the show and I don't think it's anything to shy away from. So I again ask, could it just be we're finally getting close to having parity in drum corps? At least below the top three?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Glassmen and BK...holding very close to SCV.

I'm so proud of Southwind...at this rate they are sure to make semis!

Is it just me, or does judging seem a bit "wacky" this season? I've seen 17 years of marching arts competitions and never been as perplexed at the placements as I have this season. I REFUSE to mention names -- EVERY organization practices hard! :worthy:

Edited by OKTrpt

Having watch some of the DCI live coverage from this afternoon, I have some visual comments on the corps that I watched....

I thought BK should have been ahead of SCV (based on the 3 minutes of footage I saw) SCV's visual program is still a mess (forms and concepts taking too long to develope, inconsistent intervals and spacing all over the place) Then when I checked out the recap, they had beat BK in Visual Performance and Visual Ensemble.

Colts colour guard was on fire as usual and should have beaten SCV and Glassmen.....(having spent some time on the rehearsal field with the Colts, I am a little biased)

Some of Southwind's visual program was a mess as well.....THe camera was off to the left a bit and on their first brass push, the echelons weren't even close to being correct.

I was at the show, here are my thoughts:

-Top 4 were correct in placement

-I had Crossmen over Colts

-Capital and Seattle were too low, IMO.

-Pioneer over Troopers

I really enjoyed Crossmen's show - very unique. Capital Regiment had a great show, minus the sundial. Seattle's show went without narrartion due to some nasty feedback during testing. While I don't support narration, it made the beginning of their show (where I assume the narrartion goes) very odd. Pioneer has a good sized corps which I (sadly) felt beat the Troop.

Also, Vanguard > you. You should be able to hear my Vanguard yell on the APD. :)

The thought of SCV placing lower than 7th at finals is...well, unprecedented.  They have only failed to make the top six twice (1992 and 1993).  What are the reasons behind their descent?

And I ask the same question of The Crossmen.

:(

Many people have attempted to honestly answer this question on this forum but all they do is get slammed by people who refuse to believe it or have no clue anyway. Therefore, I seriously doubt anyone will even bother to try and answer your question again. Oh wait, I will...SCV has serious organizational problems from top to bottom. It's just finally manifesting itself in the final product this year.

Many people have attempted to honestly answer this question on this forum but all they do is get slammed by people who refuse to believe it or have no clue anyway.  Therefore, I seriously doubt anyone will even bother to try and answer your question again.  Oh wait, I will...SCV has serious organizational problems from top to bottom.  It's just finally manifesting itself in the final product this year.

Or you can completley ignore how I answered the question.

Maybe everyone above SCV is just that good now. Maybe we're finally getting close to parity.

But no... it's entirely because SCV sucks this year. That's the only reason they are where they are right now. Not that anyone else is keeping up with the Jones'. It's because SCV is coming down to their level. </sarcasm>

It'll be interesting to see what happens if SCV continues to improve like they did in Indy. If they happen to crawl back into the thick of it. Will it go from an "organizational" problem to, "Wow. I'm just so proud of how SCV fought back like they always do!"?

*sigh* See me getting tired of this argument. <$1.00 to Gilman>

Edited by skajerk