most underated hornlines

Thank You BOS marcher Carolina Crown is the most underrated brass line in 05 they have a great sound and thanks to a certain brass judge they have managed to go down in there scores over there last two shows which i was told by some crown members that were there best two shows of the year but they have a very good brass line that is underrated

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You BOS marcher Carolina Crown is the most underrated brass line in 05 they have a great sound and thanks to a certain brass judge they have managed to go down in there scores over there last two shows which i was told by some crown members that were there best two shows of the year but they have a very good brass line that is underrated

I've really done no research into what is going on in Drum Corps these days. Haven't paid it much attention since probably 1996. However, after I saw Crown in Dallas and I found myself thinking how much they reminded me of the brass arrangements and the hornline playing technique of the Garfield Cadets (of Bergen County) from the mid or late 80s. Then I come to find out, it's a Michael Klesch arrangement with what looks like at least one former Star of Indiana brass tech (I think Donny VanDoren).

Carolina Crown should be very proud of the brass line they have on field...No matter what the scores are.

I think Carolina Crown is a year away from having a legendary hornline.

Michael Klesch likes to arrange MUSIC...not snippets...and he isnt afraid to challenge a brassline.

I think Carolina Crown is a year away from having a legendary hornline. 

Michael Klesch likes to arrange MUSIC...not snippets...and he isnt afraid to challenge a brassline.

I agree.

Crown will be (and is) a force to be reckoned with.

~>conner

2003 Phantom Regiment - should have won high brass, plain and simple.

I mentioned this in the Phantom 2003 thread. Execution and emotion are two different things. They deserved their 4-5th place finish in brass.

I think BD 01 was kind of underrated by the fans. A lot of people complained that it wasn't loud or in your face. Well you know what? It was #### clean and while they were running all over the field. One of the few deserved 19.9s in brass in my opinion.

They deserved their 4-5th place finish in brass.

at the very least they deserved 2nd.

~>conner

carolina crown sounds very nice. They are loud but controlled. Both times i've seen them this year, they haven't really let go of the reins like madison or scv does. I think it suits them very well. But yes, carolina crown has probably one of the nicest sounding hornlines i've heard this year. Phantom on the other hand.... :huh::rock::rock::huh::rock::huh::huh::huh:

at the very least they deserved 2nd.

No, not based on finals. Phantom '03 was a killer show, no doubt, but finals night the hornline was out to lunch. Big intonation issues and sloppiness all over the place.