The Postcards Are In!

I heard the Colts got those gigantic postcards on the field tonight and that they looked pretty cool. Anyone see them? Care to elaborate on what you saw. OH AND BY THE WAY COLTS PERCUSSION UPPPPPPPPPPPPP!! COLOR GUARD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!JUMP IN SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.S. Also heard they changed their ending. Any comments on that? b**bs

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people who went to the afternoon show are probably enjoying the night show right now, I'm sure you'll hear plenty in the review section tommorow and in the next few days

Only saw them on the clip from Season Pass today. . .

They look. . . like they're a distraction. Not real professional, a little undersized for the field, strange angle up to the press box, and oddly spaced on the field, which throws the focus visually.

What caught my eye was a very strong guard (doing unison work) which was louder than the hornline in terms of generating a type of effect.

What caught my ear was still playing out of tune and some pretty rough balance/blend from the entire music ensemble.

They're better than last year. . . but won't be enough. Still some fundamental things to work on in the winter and design process.

best,

Chuck

I was at the Indy show(s)...

One of the postcards was sent back prior to the performance, don't know why. Thought they are well done, the postcards are huge and very much a distraction. They are pushed forward maybe 5 yards from their corner of the field for their featured song, then returned to the corner. They don't add anything to the show.

Also, they were brought to the end zone during the prior corps' (Mandarins) performance, which I didn't appreciate.

The Colts' show is good enough to stand on it's own - I say ditch the things.

:rolleyes: Hmmmmm....more of a distraction than half nude Carmen prancing around? oooo, sorry...that's PART of the show. My bad. I asked for opinions. Thanks for giving them... ^0^ Edited by EuphoniBone

pitch 'em....they did fine without them and would continue to do so....nothing but a pain in the butt

I agree that the postcards are more of a distraction than a visual addition to an already fine show. Yes, each card relates to a musical selection but they are not really incorporated into the show (except to bring each one forward at the appropriate time) and don't seem to be worth the enormous amount of time and effort it takes to assemble/dissemble them for performance. Something more akin to Spirit's Broadway posters would have been just as effective and far easier to manage than these gigantic flats.

Haven't seen the show yet so I can't accurately comment, but there's no way in #### the Colts are gonna take the postcards out of the show unless one of a few things happen...

A. The postcards/supports break

B. The judges specifially say on the tapes that the postcards are a major distraction and thus, the GE scores take a noticeable drop