Congratulations to the Phantom Regiment!

Congratulations to the Phantom Regiment and their 3rd place victory on Saturday evening in Indianapolis, Indiana!! I know that there have been many reviews on their show this year but wanted to take this opportunity to say, "jop well done!!"

I first saw the show in Lisle, Rockford and Des Plaines, Il. YES- I knew that it was a good show but WOW! WOW! WOW! This looks like a totally different show. We were truly impressed with the show on Saturday evening as you all made new friends in the area where we were seated (they were not sold on this year's show until they saw it on Saturday). Moreover, the staff and corps members should be very proud!! This show is the bomb-diggity! :rolleyes::beer::lol:

The drill (YES-the drill) and colorguard (Phantom Showgirls!!!) are much improved and the hornline just blows you away! We are certain that as you continue to clean this show, it will be one for the history books.

Lastly, we hope that the corps is aware of the crowd's response on Saturday evening after the announcing of your score b**bs b**bs . The RCA dome went insane!!Perhaps, they will bring the full retreat back. It would have been nice for the corps to hear the loud applause. Believe me, you all truly deserve it!!!!!

Go phor it Phantom!! See ya in Foxboro!!!! :) :)

Everything the previous poster said!! I do hope the kids know what an enormous ovation they got when the scores were announced. I, personally, even kind of lost it for a few moments I was so excited. Regiment rocks this year. Hornline blew me away!!

I too was blown away. They sold the holy crap out of that show!! b**bs Guard was absolutely on fire too! I don't remember the last time I saw them perform like that. They had a swagger about them during that show that reminded me of BD. They looked like they knew they were the best and they dared everyone to try and top them. They nailed everything as far as I could see, and the costume changes were nice too. b**bs Up until now, shows I've seen (including PR early season), APDs, Season Pass clips all impressed me on a technical level but none of them grabbed me by my emotions like SCV '04 & PR '03 to name a few. Not anymore - Holy cow, I love this show. :rolleyes:

I can't remember the last time Phantom beat the Blue Devils. If you look at finals night only, then it is 1993 (they tied in 1996 so they did not beat them). I heard a member say something about mid-season 1997 after the Indy show....not sure....will check corpsreps later tonight!!

At any rate....it was a GREAT night to be a Phantom Phan!!! :lol::rolleyes::beer:

Edited by LaSqueegee

PR 05 at Indy is the highest placement at a top-12 show for a corps NOT named BD, Cavies, Cadets, or SCV since when?  Finals 1996?  Has anyone else been in the top 3 since then?

PR was tied for 3rd at San Antonio in '03, but other than that, I think you're right.

It is, I believe, the first time a male member of the guard has been in a PR program. I think he adds tons to the show, the love section with the ballad from rhapsody in blue is priceless and so well planned. Love it.

It's good to see the scores reflect my personal enjoyment. lol

It is, I believe, the first time a male member of the guard has been in a PR program.  I think he adds tons to the show, the love section with the ballad from rhapsody in blue is priceless and so well planned.  Love it. 

It's good to see the scores reflect my personal enjoyment. lol

I'll second that!!!!!!!! :)