feeling a little old

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, how about feeling too old twice? I aged-out in 82. 13 years later I was performing again with 27 in Foxboro (and feeling too old to march again back then). To think that all of the kids marching now weren't alive when I aged-out in 82 and most of the kids marching now were either in diapers, pre-school or elementary school when I did Foxboro in 94. Now that's OLD!!

D###!!

This thread REALLY makes me feel old!!

Aginig out in the NINETIES!!??

Mike D, Kiltiekemo,BigSev and ferb27, let's circle up the rocking chairs,crack open a cold one and keep an eye on the Youngun's!! :P

D###!!

This thread REALLY makes me feel old!!

Aginig out in the NINETIES!!??

Mike D, Kiltiekemo,BigSev and ferb27, let's circle up the rocking chairs,crack open a cold one and keep an eye on the Youngun's!! :P

Hey Bob! I'll crack one to drink and one to put on my tired old knees. My question is ... will these young whipper snappers still be marching corps 30 years from now like we are? B)

Hey Bob!  I'll crack one to drink and one to put on my tired old knees.  My question is ...  will these young whipper snappers still be marching corps 30 years from now like we are?  B)

I don't know KK, seeing as how I'm getting ready to try doing it again,I wonder if maybe they don't have a little more sense than us "Olde Pharte's"!!! :P

NNAAAAAAHHHHH!!

b**bs

Hmm, how about feeling too old twice?  I aged-out in 82.  13 years later I was performing again with 27 in Foxboro (and feeling too old to march again back then).  To think that all of the kids marching now weren't alive when I aged-out in 82 and most of the kids marching now were either in diapers, pre-school or elementary school when I did Foxboro in 94.  Now that's OLD!!

You should feel old...........you're FIVE DAYS older than me!!!!!! B)

Carrying a tympani in 79 should say it all. But it doesn't. I think I talked to my parents once all summer long. It cost me $100 to go on tour. And we didn't all have our own water jug. I think each section shared a couple or so. My finals tickets in Birmingham reads $7. And prelims were general admission. The Phantom gum saver. Which I still have. Prelims starting at 8:00 AM and ending around 5:00 PM which gave you all night to ponder the upcoming finals night. Having no idea how I was returning home. Seems like quite a few kids fly home now after finals. Scores announced for each corps after the following corps performance during prelims. Really had the feeling of a hooky day sitting in a stadium on a Friday with thousands of others. I can still hear Brandt Crocker saying, "We have a score..." Missing the old Madison and Cavalier uniforms. Not as bright and clean as nowadays. Wishing the corps would have a throwback uniform show like the NFL. My mom was right. It does go by soooo fast!!! :(

You know what makes you feel really old? Realizing that your old junior corps jacket is older than about half of your Senior corps membership!!! :( Now THAT makes you feel old.