Contra Stolen

I feel confident its just a mix up.Someone on the Cavies loading crew probably thought it was one of thiers.

Could happen to anyone.

Ooops, I just re-read the original post and saw this happened at a DCI show. Didn't realize the Cavies were at the same show.

Agree with you Ed. I rode with our drum truck for five years and it was a B-word at times then to keep stuff from getting mixed up. Don't think we ever picked up another corps stuff but almost left stuff behind a few times because it wasn't near the truck.

Still would have loved to seen the look on Cavies equipment person when they saw that Contra. "That's not one of ours, OH ####!!!!".

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooops, I just re-read the original post and saw this happened at a DCI show. Didn't realize the Cavies were at the same show.

Agree with you Ed. I rode with our drum truck for five years and it was a B-word at times then to keep stuff from getting mixed up. Don't think we ever picked up another corps stuff but almost left stuff behind a few times because it wasn't near the truck.

Still would have loved to seen the look on Cavies equipment person when they saw that Contra. "That's not one of ours, OH ####!!!!".

Roger that.I will appreciate it if someone will tell what happened.

I didn't think about it till I read your post.Could be that the cavies found the contra abandoned and decided to take it with them until someone reported it.

Roger that.I will appreciate it if someone will tell what happened.

I didn't think about it till I read your post.Could be that the cavies found the contra abandoned and decided to take it with them until someone reported it.

Absolutely correct!! From what we were told, the Cavies were leaving the parking lot, saw a contra (in a soft bag) laying by itself and picked it up. They found a Sunriser marking on the horn and contacted our equipment manager to let us know they had it!!!!

Much thanks to the Cavaliers for taking the time to find the horn and return it.

Edited by SunRunner

Absolutely correct!!  From what we were told, the Cavies were leaving the parking lot, saw a contra (in a soft bag) laying by itself and picked it up. They found a Sunriser marking on the horn and contacted our equipment manager to let us know they had it!!!!

Much thanks to the Cavaliers for taking the time to find the horn and return it.

BRAVO, KUDOS, and thanks to the Cavies for showing true Drum Corps Spirit :blush:

Bravo, Cavies. I hate it when horns get lifted. Thank goodness it was not a theft!

WR

how about we say that one of the kids tried to play the contra but asked where the 3rd valve went?!?!?! j/k

i'm glad it's been in good hands............

looking forward to seeing Sunrisers in Scranton..........

Absolutely correct!!  From what we were told, the Cavies were leaving the parking lot, saw a contra (in a soft bag) laying by itself and picked it up. They found a Sunriser marking on the horn and contacted our equipment manager to let us know they had it!!!!

That is great news.

I knew when the Cavies had it that it was in good hands and there was no foul play.

I could see a fan or spectator stealing it so they could have a piece of history or some bull crap,,but not right out theft from a corps.

Now, if only the horn could talk and tell you where it had been in it's travels, and how the kids tried to play it and could not figure out the fingering :P

Awesome that the horn was found and kudos to the Cavies organization for getting in touch to let you know where the horn is at!