Kingston Questions

Kingston was my first DCA show this season. Needless to say, I was IMPRESSED!!

Scranton is going to be a fight to the finish! Wow!!! Bravo DCA!!!

But, I do have a couple of questions:

1.) Empire and Joey... Wasn't that Joey Pirro wailing away with Empire?

I thought he was on the road with Maynard. What happened?

Great show. (love the props, again!)

2.) Bush's female drum major... She is HOT! Wow! Who is she? (and can I get her number? Would this old drummer have a chance?)

3.) Brigs' holes... what's with all the holes? Drumline sounded great tho, as always.

Other observations:

I thought Cabs were great... I had been hearing "things", but you guys were great. Great drumline! Keep kicking -- no one can keep you guys down EVER!

Sky!! What a technical show!! You performed well.

Cabs Alumni!!!! Love that Jimmy Russo!! It's all about him!

The "after show" festivities were great too. It was so cool to catch up with old friends again!

I love drum corps!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sources told me that Joey was fired from Maynard's Band but i'm not sure the reason. Say it ain't so Joey. We love you. But their loss is our gain. Now we get to enjoy you parked in the pit and wailing away. I heard the Brigs had a few people quiet over the past few weeks and that's why there are holes, but all of them should be filled after D2 and 3 finals are completed this week. Sky was really good this week and probably deserved to be higher. Their drumline was definitely the most technical on the field on Sat night and I had them in the top 3, along with Brigs and Cru. As for Bush's drum major.....yeah, they have had that drum major Chris Kilian for the past few years. I spoke to him after the show. Too bad he is taken. He will make you lose your breath.

About those Brigs holes...

It seems we had a bit of a rough week. Our resident German was not in town for his bari spot leaving them one down. Two contra's were missing this weekend, one with a death in the family the other with a breakdown of his vehicle. One soprano player had his mother in the hospital and another had his house broken into. We did have some folks leave for other reasons the past two weeks, however those sopts are already taken. We will have a full drum corps by finals.

2.) Bush's female drum major... She is HOT! Wow! Who is she? (and can I get her number? Would this old drummer have a chance?)

Her name is Kris Gerace.

She has been a Bushwacker for years, but this is her first year on the podium. Kris is conducting masterfully, especially when you consider that she shares conducting duties with a major who is one of the best in the business!!

As for her attractiveness, Kris might just be first among equals. There are quite a few in the Bushwackers!!

For a SUBSTANTIAL donation to the Bushwackers, I think I could forward her number to you.

Edited by Bob Kidd

The guy Joey replaced from the last tour rejoined the band and is a veteran performer with Maynard. Joey was the last man hired so the first one, unfortunately, released. He told me personally that things could change for the fall tour.

Donny

About those Brigs holes...

It seems we had a bit of a rough week.  Our resident German was not in town for his bari spot leaving them one down.  Two contra's were missing this weekend, one with a death in the family the other with a breakdown of his vehicle.  One soprano player had his mother in the hospital and another had his house broken into.  We did have some folks leave for other reasons the past two weeks, however those sopts are already taken.  We will have a full drum corps by finals.

Wow, I'd never expect so many excuses from a corps like Brigs!! :P

Glad to hear your contras will be back. I was worried, I thought you guys were totally missing the low end that you used to have a few years ago.

I hope you are able to fill your remaining holes and get the newbies trained up in time to be kick-butt in Scranton! Good luck!