Official DCI II/III Div Finals Discussion Thread

Division 2/3 pictures and review

In case you missed it, I had a review and am slowly putting up some pictures (still working on some) :)..

Enjoy! I sure did! :worthy:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated retreat....

and to make it worse this year. The only full retreat we were in this year, at finals in brockton, we had one of our cymbals pass out and hit the deck because they took forever to announce the scores.

Nobody wants to stand in the same place for half an hour.......thats just ridiculous.

peace

lol I love retreat. That might be because I'm in pit and we only got to do it at Finals regardless, as opposed to every show last year before the rule change.

We had the same problem though. One of our basses passed out during "Division Finals" retreat and one of our sopranos passed out during "Grand Finals". Both guys were okay, the only thing injured was the bell of the mellophone behind the soprano player that passed out. lol Oops..

One of our basses passed out during "Division Finals" retreat and one of our sopranos passed out during "Grand Finals". Both guys were okay, the only thing injured was the bell of the mellophone behind the soprano player that passed out. lol Oops..

You guys weren't the only ones. After we got off the field from our show, my boyfriend managed to reach the buses before he blacked out. Our staff and staff from another corps grabbed him and shoved him infront of a fan with ice as they pulled his uniform off. I didn't know anything had happened until I saw him in that state. He looked like a zombie. Needless to say, he didn't go out for retreat. I was honestly waiting to hear a call that we would do a street-clothes retreat or something, anything would have been better than being stuck in uniforms. A girl in our guard couldn't go out either because the turf had burned through her shoes and scorched her feet. Yeeeeesh.

I'll tell you what, though. It must have REALLY sucked to be Mickey on a day like that!

Congrats Raiders! I never had a chance to see your show seeing as how I was on loading crew...but you guys/gals are some kool kats. BTW, whoever that contra player who was challenging the Revolution contra was....I'm ready for round two buddy! I've got some new contra spins up my sleeve!