Official DCI II/III Div Finals Discussion Thread

that's what happened.

(happen to have wireless connection in our housing site here in Lynn, Ma, :) )

I called the staff in USA for the details about the penalty.

I was told that we took too much time in warm-up, delaying to begin the show for 16 seconds.

And there, is the 0.5 point penalty.

:ph34r:

Really sad about that.

All the kids are frustrated by this outcome.

But, score is another case, people in the stadium loved the show, did they?

Good job!

Feel proud of them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's what happened.

(happen to have wireless connection in our housing site here in Lynn, Ma,  :) )

Here's what I saw....They got to the gate late, thus pushing them back in thier normal routine. Every corps was already lined up and ready to go in the back staging area, by the time each corps was half way done, I saw the next corps ready to go in the back. When the Raiders where playing thier last number, TP was just getting to the gate and you could tell they were kinda rushing to get on.

With that said, Raiders, TP, Yamato, Revo, they all did a great job in the top 4. Raiders show seemed flawless, no noticable issue, TP had a few musical issues, but nothing earth shattering. Looking at the points, I think everyone got what they deserved. As far as the Penalty, Everyone has to play by DCI's Rules, from getting on and off the field.

I called the staff in USA for the details about the penalty.

I was told that we took too much time in warm-up, delaying to begin the show for 16 seconds.

And there, is the 0.5 point penalty.

:worthy:

Really sad about that.

All the kids are frustrated by this outcome.

But, score is another case, people in the stadium loved the show, did they?

Good job!

Feel proud of them.

And Proud you should be the show was fantastic this is my first season as a Drum Corps Dad and I must say its been a great to see the passion that goes into every performance :)

Great job Raiders

Go Spartans............... I too was so proud when my daughter took the field in her first final ^OO^ ^OO^

I will say this for the Blue Stars - I had to leave the stadium to get to my car to check my blood sugar and head out for Maine - to do so I had to weave my way around (never, never cut through!!) various corps waiting to go on to retreat.

There was a lot of movement, talking, relaxing - until I got to the main gate, where the Blue Stars (I refuse to call them "BS") were waiting to join the retreat.

I saw them in a single file line, headed by the two DM's in white, stretching over the little bridge to the parking lot, arms crossed at parade rest, dead silent, totally focussed and disciplined. No one moved - they had thoughtfully left a space for people to pass by. It was dead quiet all the way to the back of the corps.

I omit my comment to them - suffice it to say, they were very, very impressive - and made them winners in my book, despite how the scores came out.

Yeah, baby. Drum corps.

regards - Jim

I will say this for the Blue Stars - I had to leave the stadium to get to my car to check my blood sugar and head out for Maine - to do so I had to weave my way around (never, never cut through!!) various corps waiting to go on to retreat.

There was a lot of movement, talking, relaxing - until I got to the main gate, where the Blue Stars (I refuse to call them "BS") were waiting to join the retreat.

I saw them in a single file line, headed by the two DM's in white, stretching over the little bridge to the parking lot, arms crossed at parade rest, dead silent, totally focussed and disciplined. No one moved - they had thoughtfully left a space for people to pass by. It was dead quiet all the way to the back of the corps.

I omit my comment to them - suffice it to say, they were very, very impressive - and made them winners in my book, despite how the scores came out.

Yeah, baby. Drum corps.

#### I love this corps......Im glad you were able to wittness one of the truely remarkable attributes the Blue team has. Attention to detail, every detail, all the time, every time. Your comments just took me back twelve years. Little gooses are jumping off my body right now.

I would give almost anything to put that uni on again and be a part of what you saw that evening.........wait. I did have it on and Ill never take it off.

thank you for your kind words.

joeB

FCO!

#### I love this corps......Im glad you were able to wittness one of the truely remarkable attributes the Blue team has. Attention to detail, every detail, all the time, every time. Your comments just took me back twelve years. Little gooses are jumping off my body right now.

I would give almost anything to put that uni on again and be a part of what you saw that evening.........wait. I did have it on and Ill never take it off.

thank you for your kind words.

joeB

FCO!

dito on that one

That Is one thing I noticed this summer not to many hardcore corps

most of them during finales were talking and moving

they had thoughtfully left a space for people to pass by.

That's what I love about Blue Stars. They're a great bunch of guys and girls. Back in 01, they were basically our best friends. While the Americanos got too much into the competition (in my opinion, at least. I don't mean this to slight the 'Canos), Blue Stars were more into getting along w/ us. We'd chat whenever we were next to each other in the lots and particularly when we were getting lined up for retreat and after the scores were announced. Despite how close the scores were at every show, we were never at odds w/ each other. That was probably the friendliest rivalry I've ever been in, drum corps or otherwise.

Too bad corps members would rather be showering up, on the bus to their next stop, or getting a snack...

this is NOT the case. as a marching member, retreat was always my, and the majority of the members, favourite part about shows. i would much rather stay in half, sweaty and exhausted from my show, and show up 2 hours later to the next housing site. and so would the majority of marching members. who DOESN'T want to recieve recognition for the job they've done? as far as i know, no corps member sits on the div II/II board to make these decisions, but i could be wrong...

Edited by JUSTJOSH

I wont sugar coat it, I couldn't stand retreat. It was boring and painful. And it made us get less sleep. Another thing is, why have retreat at smaller shows where there's more kids on the field than people in the stands? It seems pointless to me.

Edited by GlassmenFan

this is NOT the case. as a marching member, retreat was always my, and the majority of the members, favourite part about shows. i would much rather stay in half, sweaty and exhausted from my show, and show up 2 hours later to the next housing site. and so would the majority of marching members. who DOESN'T want to recieve recognition for the job they've done? as far as i know, no corps member sits on the div II/II board to make these decisions, but i could be wrong...

I hated retreat....

and to make it worse this year. The only full retreat we were in this year, at finals in brockton, we had one of our cymbals pass out and hit the deck because they took forever to announce the scores.

Nobody wants to stand in the same place for half an hour.......thats just ridiculous.

peace