Allegiance Elite 80.650

Pride of the Lions 80.075

Dutch Boy 78.500

Lake Erie Regiment 77.500

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a real fight to the finish for top spots in DIII.....Congrats to Raiders for taking top honors and to Revolution for reaching their goal in getting back on the field for 2005.

Mad props to Spartans as well up there in DII......

Was just reading this on DCI.org

"In Division III action, the Raiders (87.75) topped international contestants Taipei Yuehfu (87.6) due to a .5 timing penalty because of running 16 seconds overtime."

Wow, too bad for Taipei Yuehfu. But way to go Raiders....you've been waiting along time of a Div 3 Gold Medal, and I couldn't be happier for you!

WTF? :ph34r:

First off, congratulations to the Raiders for pushing themselves to the top. Quite amazing.

But, if I was on staff with Taipei, I'd be calling foul play. When was the last time (if any time) that a show was penalized for being too long? If Taipei was penalized for starting 16 seconds late, then sure, fine, but for going over 16 seconds? I'm assuming this is the same show Taipei has been performing all summer. Now at finals, it's too long... this is strange for me.

It has nothing to with who the corps is, what place they're in, who beat who, or anything... this just doesn't sound right.

If someone with Taipei's APD from prelims could kindly post the length of the recording, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

8 corps received penalties at Div II/III Prelims as well (not necessarily for the same reasons). It seems to me like the Timing & Penalties judge is doing his/her job. If corps don't stay within the time limits at this time of the season, they should be penalized.

It's a shame that it cost Taipei Yuehfu a gold medal though.

If Taipei's show was 16 seconds overtime, it would clock in at 11 minutes 46 seconds. Considering that II/III shows can be as short as 8 minutes 30 seconds, that would be a REALLY long show. Most Div. I corps stay under 11 minutes these days.

1. I can't believe that their staff would program a show that long.

2. I can't believe they would be overtime tonight and no other time (including tuesday)

I wonder if it was the warm-up that was overtime. Sometimes corps change the warm-up for a hype.

Anyways, congrats to all the finalist corps. Sounds like it was an amazing night of drum corps.

Edited by BradF

I called the staff in USA for the details about the penalty.

I was told that we took too much time in warm-up, delaying to begin the show for 16 seconds.

And there, is the 0.5 point penalty.

:ph34r:

Really sad about that.

All the kids are frustrated by this outcome.

But, score is another case, people in the stadium loved the show, did they?

Good job!

Feel proud of them.