Madisons new ending

I sure would like to see a fleur-de-lis at the end, but the ending last night was alright with me because it seemed like it was far better than the soft ending everyone talked about mid season.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure would like to see a fleur-de-lis at the end, but the ending last night was alright with me because it seemed like it was far better than the soft ending everyone talked about mid season.

I agree...I enjoyed the ending, but it did seem like it needed one or two more charts to be complete. Maybe those are complete, but they're saving them for Saturday. This season has been too special for them to throw it away with a lame ending. I think the boys (and girl) have something up their sleeves.

I agree...I enjoyed the ending, but it did seem like it needed one or two more charts to be complete.  Maybe those are complete, but they're saving them for Saturday.  This season has been too special for them to throw it away with a lame ending.  I think the boys (and girl) have something up their sleeves.

I hope they do. :ph34r:

I agree...I enjoyed the ending, but it did seem like it needed one or two more charts to be complete.  Maybe those are complete, but they're saving them for Saturday.  This season has been too special for them to throw it away with a lame ending.  I think the boys (and girl) have something up their sleeves.

How has the season been anymore special for them then the seasons in the past?? Thats not what the Scouts are about. 5th place or 10th place, it's all about performing one more show, trying to be entertaining for one more show, etc.

That ending was horrific....the drill was alright, but you simply can not just do some cool drill and then stop and play a long chord. Oooo...theres effect. lame

Heres to hoping the fix it.

But i really feel that they have made too many changes this year and its gonna hurt them in the long run.

And they need to do a lot more than fix the ending if they want to stay on top of Bluecoats and possibly Glassmen. Although there CG is better than in pastit was EXTREMELY dirty last night. Also, the drill is designed better but they aren't performing it. Intervals were ok, but lines were extremely dirty as well.

Lets go Scouts!

Edited by mdsnsctfan

Well that's the third ending the've tried and the are all

pretty weak. I can't understand why they can't find something

that has the impact that a show like this needs. It just

dies after the drum solo (along with Carmen :worthy: )

And I think it's too late to pull out another secret ending.

I think you found the problem. The show is about Carmen and they kill her off way too early and have nothing left to do.

I do like this show overall also. Almost the old Scouts back!

I think you found the problem. The show is about Carmen and they kill her off way too early and have nothing left to do.

I do like this show overall also. Almost the old Scouts back!

I hope your talking about the old Scouts as being from 1938-2003. Cause the Scouts never left. The only "down" year in the view of the true Madison Philosophy which is still taught and preached today was 2004. Every year leading up to that the corps was amazing with an extremely entertaining show that the members went out there everyday busting their butts for.

Edited by mdsnsctfan

This is a "can't win for loosing" situation. The DCP crowd was all over Scouts for the fade out ending (even though the scores were better). 3 loud endings later, you're still not satisfied. The end of Carmen is about DEATH. That's why the down ending worked for the show's continuity. It works with Bizet, but probably not with the Richard Nixon High band ending.

I hope your talking about the old Scouts as being from 1938-2003. Cause the Scouts never left.  The only "down" year in the view of the true Madison Philosophy which is still taught and preached today was 2004.  Every year leading up to that the corps was amazing with an extremely entertaining show that the members went out there everyday busting their butts for.

I'm sorry, why was 2004 a "down" year for the philosophy that is still taught and preached today? I didn't realize there had been a philosophy change in 2004. Please clarify...