Pasadena 2007

So if I understand the post correctly, it's OK for the California and West Coast Div2/3 Corps to head to the end of the earth (Foxboro), but it's too hard for the East Coast Corps to head to California for the first time in their existence?

Give me a break - it's about time the West Coast got some Corp action!

By the way, San Diego would be a much more Corp friendly environment for all Corps, independent of division.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I understand the post correctly, it's OK for the California and West Coast Div2/3 Corps to head to the end of the earth (Foxboro), but it's too hard for the East Coast Corps to head to California for the first time in their existence? 

By the way, San Diego would be a much more Corp friendly environment for all Corps, independent of division.

SD would be great but there will be problems finding practice sites for all of DCI in San Diego county. Esparanza has a heck of a time finding a field that they can use consistantly. Mostly due to noise complaints. I think if DCI were to come to SD they would need to get a big buyoff from the school district and military bases for practice fields and housing. Not unsurmountable but a huge issue.

Pasadena and its surrounding area s a very "arts" friendly area and are quite capable of handling any "noise" that may come from our activity. Also with a number of corps in and around the area (Impulse, PC, Hawthorne, Yamato, Mystikal, Dream), a lot of support can be gathered up for it to be one heck of a week.

Pasadena and its surrounding area s a very "arts" friendly area and are quite capable of handling any "noise" that may come from our activity.  Also with a number of corps in and around the area (Impulse, PC, Hawthorne, Yamato, Mystikal, Dream), a lot of support can be gathered up for it to be one heck of a week.

I have to agree with bari_benzo. About Pasadena being a great place for corps to have housing and practice fields. Due to the fact there is alot of corps around that area.

B) :rolleyes::rock: :)

I'd like to see finals in the great NW one of these years. Div I in Seahawk Stadium and Div II/III in Husky Stadium. OK, OK so there are only 3 corps from the NW, but it's so nice here! Reletively cool in the summer with no humidity... but maybe I'm just biased :blink: . Plus, then it's only a 3 hour drive home for me, which is much better than the 60+ hours we had this year.

Seriously, though, I agree that it's about time we had finals on the west coast. Seattle Cascades have made it to finals nearly every year since the early 90's(excluding the year they took off), no matter where it's been.

California is fine, and its about time the west coast gets the championships,but the Rose bowl is a horrible venue for drim corps. It seats 100,000, and is just that, a big bowl. another stadium would be much better.

how about San Fransisco????

that'd be soooooo awesome if it could be pulled off....

Did LVK not field because of membership?  It was a cheap shot by YEA to come into Allentown to set up shop.  A REAL CHEAPSHOT...............thats LVK territory.

Several corps have camps in Texas, simply because (I heard this but haven't asked about it yet from dci) at least 30% of the participants in drum corps are from Texas. Yet look at how many Texas corps there are compared to California. 4 in Texas, 2 all age and 2 dci (and I hope that Trinity gets their numbers this coming season.) California has more corps than I can count on one hands. (SCV, SCVC, BD, BDB, BDC, Yamato, Fever, Impulse, Mandarins and others that I cannot recall at the moment.)

So if we are going to call territory, then several corps (Bluecoats, Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Cadets, and I think Blue Knights) would have to stay out, although I am perfectly fine with them coming in and realizing that Texas has some pretty awesome marchers/performers/players.

Edited by tubajake

Pet peeve - there is always an "s" at the end of the word "corps", whether it is being used singularly or plurally.

California is fine, and its about time the west coast gets the championships,but the Rose bowl is a horrible venue for drim corps. It seats 100,000, and is just that, a big bowl. another stadium would be much better.

yeah, I agree, drim corps is not for Pasadena.

It's just as bad as amping udus :P