BLOOOOOOO

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the 2nd time in my life that this corps has given me the old raised-eyebrow, open mouthed surprise.  The first time?  At DCI Canada 1987.  Ivor Wynne Stadium, warm up after a lunch break.  F-tuning by the hornline just outside the gate.  OMG!  I kept hearing, over and over..."Who is that?"  The answer...the Bluecoats.  That's when the Autumn Leaves blew in.

I was there at DCI Canada and when they warmed up after lunch it just was electric....that was the show that pushed to finals....just was amazing the energy from those kids..... :ph34r:

LET'S GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I was there at DCI Canada and when they warmed up after lunch it just was electric....that was the show that pushed to finals....just was amazing the energy from those kids..... :ph34r:

I was there too, and thanks for the compliments - that was a fun season being a bluecoat.

History will not remember the 05 bluecoats for cell phones on the field. 

WORD.

I'm not going to feed in to the cell phone/trash discussion too much or call out any other corps for doing the same thing because that's absolutely not the point and I have no business in doing so.

I understand that the criticism is going to come right along with the glory at this stage in the game, but please realize that Dave Glasgow and our staff absolutely would not allow us to do anything that they saw as inappropriate or that completely lacked any class. The cell phones on the field were used to share the single most amazing moment of any of our lives with the close friends or family that maybe weren't able to be there. I called my mom at home in Ohio for a 22 second (literally) phone call with tears in my eyes, to let her that we had done it, we had just made history. I wanted my two single biggest supporters at home to know that and to share the moment with me. I seriously doubt anyone did anything more than that with the limited time (10 minutes) we had to get pictures on the field afterwards. If you view that as un-classy then I'll allow you to keep your opinion, just as I have mine, but just realize that no one made any call with the intention of being unprofessional or anything of that sort.

The Bluecoats ARE class. On and off the field, performing or not.

I'm proud of what we were able to do and I thank everyone who supported us throughout the summer in person, or online from the very bottom of my heart.

And I will quote the ever-fabulous Mike MacIntosh from his interview as we were exiting the the field on Semis night:

"The Bluecoats are just getting started."

See you in 06.

B)

:ph34r:

very well put Allaina. you have every right to feel utterly proud of the accomplishments of you and your drum corps this summer. :)

LET'S GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hey Even, while I fully agree with your statement, I do have to ask about the quote in your sigline? :blink:

allaina-

Well put. you are a mature writer in form and in content.

i would certainly echo your comment about dave g.- there is NO WAY he would let the organization slip in ANY way shape or form- i can tell you from personal experience that he takes issues as small as being a couple minutes late for lights out as serious breaches of the membership's commitment- (i guess we probably deserved it too...) I dont think his stepping into the role of director (in 2004) would do anything but make him MORE passionate about maintaining/increasing the bluecoat honor...

and i was totally thinking the same thing you said about this criticism coming with the turf... i know EVERYONE loved us when we were just #7.. . i mean... that way they could be big bluecoat fans, but never really worry that we were going to beat the corps they were there to see or support... i suppose we should have expected that.