best venue & city

Rose bowl's angle is way to shallow, that sound goes over the top of the stadium. Trust me I'd know.

But

GIANTS STADIUM BABY (highest grossing stadium in the USA!!! WOOT WOOT)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Soldier Field in Chicago! Easilly the nicest and cleanest large city in the US.

Grant park is just across Lake Shore Drive for all the corps to warm up in.

Nice cool lake breeze!

Awesome bars, restaurants and hotels in all price ranges.

Cheap area transportation.

Great museums and points of interest to keep you entertained outside the stadium for weeks.

Division II and III could be held at Nothwestern Universities Dyke Stadium.

CHICAGO! CHICAGO! CHICAGO! :rolleyes:

You need a stadium that's not to shallow, or else that sound will escape and not go to the ears.

Copenhagen, or maybe Bogata, Colombia would be innovative and could  perhaps stretch the imagination and the venue boundaries for DCI.

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic.

DCI finals being held somewhere other than North America would not be reasonable. There's the time to travel, the cost of travelling, and then the getting used to the time difference. The Euros get a treat once every few years or so when a DCI corps goes over there, like BD this year or Glassmen next year. They'll have to settle for that unless they can make it over here.

Oh, and if we could avoid going to Florida again, that would be great. Nobody wants to be in Florida in the summertime, especially when hurricane season is about to kick into high gear. No offense to Florida... I love wintering there!

Edited by madscout96

If DCI is so committed to having shows in Indy and San Antonio, why couldn't they put Finals in Minneapolis, in the Rollerdome? ($1 to Mike Ditka)

Ummmmmmm,  I disagree.  Many different kinds of stadiums in the past for finals.  Like 2000....University of Maryland (I was on the field for that one) :)

I thought UMD's Byrd Stadium was by far the best. That wasn't a shallow stadium at all though at least not the front rise.