best venue & city

I'm with all the folks that say Cincinnati.  Paul Brown is absolutely magnificent, perfect for drum corps.  Div II/III can be held at UC's Nippert Stadium, which was recently renovated.  There's lots of hotels in the area, an amusement park, plus the airport is a major Delta hub.  With three Ohio corps, plus Southwind across the river, the place would be packed.  DCI '08: Cincinnati, Ohio.

I'm all about that, man. Let's get 'er done! ^OO^

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could always bring it to Williams Brice Stadium in Columbia South Carolina.

williamsbricestadium6jy.png

80,000 seater.

and the facilities are awesome. good parking, and good warmup areas.

EDIT** had to fix that random URL tag sticking out of my picture

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

Would be our luck that it would be yet another hot, stagnant day in Columbia.

This is true! But considering that that was about the hottest weekend for New England...but would be rather normal for Columbia and points south...we just came in on the wrong side of the odds in Foxboro.

A shower felt SO GOOD when I got back Saturday night.

CINCINNATI!!!!!!!!!!

You have Glassmen, Capital Regiment, Bluecoats, Marion Cadets, from OHIO

Close by you have Southwind only 1.5 hours away.

The midwest is where it is at! Cincinnati is a central location in the midwest.

I have seen this city brought up a lot in recent years. What do you think DCI????

DIVISION I:

PAUL BROWN STADIUM

paulmain23.jpg

paul104_small.jpg

DIVISION II/III:

UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI

nippertmain.jpg

Edited by hornline

I'm a little surprised at all the positive comments for having Worlds in Chicago. As a native of the area (and still area resident) and a graduate from a college in the city, I'd love to see DCI come there. No one is a bigger booster of coming to Chicago for the sites...the INCREDIBLE museums (the world's largest T-Rex, a remarkable aquarium, an immense science museum with the only surviving German U-boat, one of the top art museums in the world, etc., etc., etc.), Navy Pier (a real gas...DisneyWorld compressed into a tight, fun entertainment venue extending out into the lake), a fabulously beautiful lakefront, top restraurants everywhere you look, PIZZA...the list could go on and on and on.

However, Soldier Field (soon to be the smallest NFL stadium after Indy's RCA Dome is torn down) has parking that is expensive and requires quite a walk (and the shuttle buses can't be counted on)...(actually, parking closer to downtown makes more sense), the noisy Lake Shore Drive runs right next to the concert side, housing would have to be out in the suburbs, traffic (trust me on this one) to get into the central city is quite bad...some of the worst traffic jams in the country if one is staying at a hotel outside the city, downtown hotels are expensive.

I love Chicago, but I see the praise for the city as an emotional response. I just don't see it as being very logical.

Of course, if DCI Worlds ever end up in Chicago, the above commentary never happened. :)

Mike

the division 2-3 stadium posted for cincinatti doesn't have a good angle. It seems kind of small.

~>conner